Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Om <bi...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/13 09:46:35 UTC

InstallApacheFlex - New build

A new version of InstallApache has been pushed.  This brings us very close
to a final release.  If you have the app already installed, just run it
again and you should see a prompt for an update.  If you haven't tried the
app yet, you can install it from here:
http://people.apache.org/~bigosmallm/installapacheflex/

New features added:

1.  Automatic mirror selection:  The closest mirror to your geographic
location will be used to download the Apache Flex SDK.
2.  Programmatic MD5 verification:  After downloading the binary from the
mirror, the MD5 hash is downloaded from the Apache Flex original site and
compared with the one that is generated from the downloaded binary.  If the
hash matches, the installation continues or else it gets aborted.
3.  Skinning improvement in updater dialog based on user feedback.

Please take it for a spin and see if there are any issues you find.

Thanks,
Om

Re: InstallApacheFlex - New build

Posted by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as>.
Om,

Which version of AIR did you compile this with?  I've mentioned it before,
but I keep getting the "This application uses a version of Adobe AIR that
is out of date."  This is both on my work PC and Laptop (both are on AIR
3.2).

Updating to AIR 3.3 allowed me to install the app.

Additionally, there was two points where Windows decided that the app was
no longer responding, and asked me if I wanted to close it.  During the MD5
verification, and after it downloaded the AIR integration kit (and seemed
to be extracting it).  It is possible to be doing some green threading
during those phases to allow frames to continue to process?

-Nick

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.
Carlos,

I think it is a nice idea and should be pretty straightforward to
implement.  But am not sure about the legal implications.

Alex/Carol + Mentors,  would this be a problem with Adobe or Apache?

Thanks,
Om

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Hi Om,