Posted to dev@echarts.apache.org by SHUANG SU <su...@gmail.com> on 2019/09/30 12:19:57 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache ECharts (incubating) 4.4.0 (release candidate 1)

I am pleased to be calling this vote for the release of Apache ECharts
(incubating) 4.4.0 (release candidate 1).

The release candidate to be voted over is available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/echarts/4.4.0-rc.1/

The release candidate is signed with a GPG key available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/echarts/KEYS

The Git commit for this release is:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-echarts.git;a=commit;h=b2b38d67

The Release Note is available in:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/echarts/4.4.0-rc.1/RELEASE_NOTE.txt

Some shell commands for validating the release:

```shell
# Download the release:
curl
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/echarts/4.4.0-rc.1/apache-echarts-4.4.0-rc.1-incubating-src.zip
-o apache-echarts-4.4.0-rc.1-incubating-src.zip
unzip apache-echarts-4.4.0-rc.1-incubating-src.zip -d
apache-echarts-4.4.0-rc.1-incubating-src > /dev/null

# Download and check the signatures (optional):
curl
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/echarts/4.4.0-rc.1/apache-echarts-4.4.0-rc.1-incubating-src.zip.asc
-o apache-echarts-4.4.0-rc.1-incubating-src.zip.asc
curl
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/echarts/4.4.0-rc.1/apache-echarts-4.4.0-rc.1-incubating-src.zip.sha512
-o apache-echarts-4.4.0-rc.1-incubating-src.zip.sha512
# check asc
gpg --verify apache-echarts-4.4.0-rc.1-incubating-src.zip.asc
# check sha512
shasum -a 512 -c apache-echarts-4.4.0-rc.1-incubating-src.zip.sha512

# Build the project (Node.js environment is required):
cd "apache-echarts-4.4.0-rc.1-incubating-src" && npm install
npm run release
# (See help: `node "build/build.js" --help`)
```

Please vote on releasing this package as:
Apache ECharts (incubating) 4.4.0 (release candidate 1)
by "2019-10-03T10:14:50.226Z".

[ ] +1 Release this package
[ ] 0 I don't feel strongly about it, but don't object

Anyone can participate in testing and voting, not just committers, please
feel free to try out the release candidate and provide your votes.

A checklist for reference:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/Incubator+Release+Checklist

Thanks,
------------------------------
 Su Shuang (100pah)
------------------------------

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ECharts (incubating) 4.4.0 (release candidate 1)

Posted by Deqing Li <an...@gmail.com>.
+1 binding

Ovilia <ov...@gmail.com> 于2019年10月8日周二 上午10:12写道:

Posted by Ovilia <ov...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Yi Shen <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Do you have an issue for this that can be tracked?

Just created a JIRA ticket for it
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ECHARTS-9

Have you tried the apache distribution network to see how fast it is from
> some of the slow parts of the internet.
>
> See how fast one of the releases downloads when you click on from either
> http://incubator.apache.org/clutch/echarts.html#releases
> Or
> https://echarts.apache.org/en/download.html - choose the “Source"

From my test, I think the download speed is good enough.

> [...]

> >> is a 404. This should be on the Apache ECharts website.
> >>
> >> (2) On this page:
> >>
> https://echarts.apache.org/en/tutorial.html#Create%20Custom%20Build%20of%20ECharts
> >> (a) the download page link is a 404.
> >> (b) I don’t know enough to follow the further instructions. There are
> >> options and I don’t which to pick.
> >>
> >> (3) The download page has guides the user into (1) above.
> >>
> >> I think that there are three action items:
> >> (A) Fixing the links on en/tutorial.html along with improving the text.
> >> (B) Create a LEGAL JIRA to make sure that the use of the Github.com
> >> release tag meets requirements.
> >> (C) Provide a prescriptive build instruction that allows new people and
> >> your mentors better knowledge on how to build.
> >>
> >> After this release is approved we can discuss how to use
> >> archive.apache.org for the older releases on the Download page.

Yi Shen
Senior Developer
Baidu, Inc.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ECharts (incubating) 4.4.0 (release candidate 1)

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>.
Hi -

Posted by Yi Shen <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dave,

> [...]

> > -o apache-echarts-4.4.0-rc.1-incubating-src.zip.sha512
> > # check asc
> > gpg --verify apache-echarts-4.4.0-rc.1-incubating-src.zip.asc
> > # check sha512
> > shasum -a 512 -c apache-echarts-4.4.0-rc.1-incubating-src.zip.sha512
> >
> > # Build the project (Node.js environment is required):
> > cd "apache-echarts-4.4.0-rc.1-incubating-src" && npm install
> > npm run release
> > # (See help: `node "build/build.js" --help`)
> > ```
> >

> > Please vote on releasing this package as:
> > Apache ECharts (incubating) 4.4.0 (release candidate 1)
> > by "2019-10-03T10:14:50.226Z".
> >
> > [ ] +1 Release this package
> > [ ] 0 I don't feel strongly about it, but don't object
> >
> > Anyone can participate in testing and voting, not just committers, please
> > feel free to try out the release candidate and provide your votes.

Yi Shen
Senior Developer
Baidu, Inc.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ECharts (incubating) 4.4.0 (release candidate 1)

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>.

(c) https://github.com/apache/incubator-echarts/releases - this is not a proper location for Apache Releases until permission is requested and received from Apache Legal - we’ll need to start a LEGAL JIRA asking if these can be accepted. It may not happen since I don’t think the GitHub release tags are immutable.

Posted by Yi Shen <sh...@gmail.com>.
My vote is +1 binding

Checked:

- The release file is in the right location
- Version is correct in package.json
- Can build from source.
- Source files have no diff with the release branch on GitHub
- LICENSE and NOTICE file exist
- NOTICE year correct

--
Yi Shen