Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Davor Bonaci <da...@google.com.INVALID> on 2016/05/08 19:08:21 UTC

Process / contribution guide

Hi everyone,
I wanted to send a quick remainder that we should all try to follow our own
contribution guide.

Recently, there have been several cases where commits didn't go through the
pull requests / review, pull requests that were merge differently, not
closed automatically by tooling, etc.

I'd kindly ask to try your best to follow our own process. That said, we
now have more experience in this type of development -- if there's any
point that should be re-discussed, please bring it up for consideration.

Thanks!

Davor

Re: Process / contribution guide

Posted by Jesse Anderson <je...@smokinghand.com>.
I'd add some more information about checkstyle. That's the one that trips
me up. I haven't dealt with checkstyle before and the rules violations
output in mvn isn't very clear.

Right now it's discussed in the committer section, but it affects
contributors too.

I'd add some discussion of the common ones I hit like extra whitespace and
import order. I think the other ones were pretty clear. I'd also add the
mvn command to only run a checkstyle check. Also add the command to skip
the checkstyle (mvn clean install -Dcheckstyle.skip=true).

Thanks,

Jesse

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Davor,