Posted to dev@reef.apache.org by Dhruv Mahajan <dh...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/09 21:19:52 UTC

HADOOP_CONF_DIR is not configured or does not exist Error

Hi

While running on cluster I got the following error. I am wondering the
nature of error: is it an issue with cluster configuration  or some
possible recent issue in REEF?

Thanks
Dhruv

Org.Apache.REEF.Tang.Implementations.InjectionPlan.InjectorImpl Error: 0 :
2016-05-09T14:15:24.2561144-07:00 0001
ERROR: ExceptionCaught TargetInvocationException encountered error
[System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by
the target of an invocation. ---> System.ArgumentException: HADOOP_CONF_DIR
is not configured or does not exist.
Parameter name: hadoopConfigDir
   at Org.Apache.REEF.Client.YARN.RestClient.MultipleRMUrlProvider..ctor()
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[]
arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(BindingFlags
invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at System.Reflection.ConstructorInfo.Invoke(Object[] parameters)
   at
Org.Apache.REEF.Tang.Implementations.InjectionPlan.InjectorImpl.InjectFromPlan(InjectionPlan
plan)] with mesage [Exception has been thrown by the target of an
invocation.] and stack trace [   at
System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments,
Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(BindingFlags
invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at System.Reflection.ConstructorInfo.Invoke(Object[] parameters)
   at
Org.Apache.REEF.Tang.Implementations.InjectionPlan.InjectorImpl.InjectFromPlan(InjectionPlan
plan)]
Org.Apache.REEF.Tang.Implementations.InjectionPlan.InjectorImpl Error: 0 :
2016-05-09T14:15:24.2631206-07:00 0001
ERROR: ExceptionThrowing InjectionException encountered error
[Org.Apache.REEF.Tang.Exceptions.InjectionException: Could not invoke
constructor: new
Org.Apache.REEF.Client.YARN.RestClient.MultipleRMUrlProvider() --->
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by
the target of an invocation. ---> System.ArgumentException: HADOOP_CONF_DIR
is not configured or does not exist.
Parameter name: hadoopConfigDir
   at Org.Apache.REEF.Client.YARN.RestClient.MultipleRMUrlProvider..ctor()
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[]
arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(BindingFlags
invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at System.Reflection.ConstructorInfo.Invoke(Object[] parameters)
   at
Org.Apache.REEF.Tang.Implementations.InjectionPlan.InjectorImpl.InjectFromPlan(InjectionPlan
plan)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---] with mesage [Could not
invoke constructor: new
Org.Apache.REEF.Client.YARN.RestClient.MultipleRMUrlProvider()] and stack
trace []

Re: HADOOP_CONF_DIR is not configured or does not exist Error

Posted by Markus Weimer <ma...@weimo.de>.
Thanks for confirming!

Markus

Posted by Dhruv Mahajan <dh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Markus Weimer <ma...@weimo.de>.
Hi,

Posted by "Julia Wang (QIUHE)" <Qi...@microsoft.com>.
This is existing REEF code. It reads environment variable HADOOP_CONF_DIR from Yarn environment.

While running on cluster I got the following error. I am wondering the nature of error: is it an issue with cluster configuration  or some possible recent issue in REEF?

Thanks
Dhruv

Org.Apache.REEF.Tang.Implementations.InjectionPlan.InjectorImpl Error: 0 :
2016-05-09T14:15:24.2561144-07:00 0001
ERROR: ExceptionCaught TargetInvocationException encountered error
[System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.ArgumentException: HADOOP_CONF_DIR is not configured or does not exist.