Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Adam X <vb...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/21 09:18:30 UTC

Integrating Tapstry IOC only

Hi

I have a rest project (no gui) with CDI backed by Weld. I would like to
switch to Tapestry IOC instead. Are there any good tutorials that cover
this?

Adam

Re: Integrating Tapstry IOC only

Posted by Robert Zeigler <ro...@roxanemy.com>.
"Actually, I thought it would be a good joke to mix Wicket and Tapestry and make some die-hard-Wicket user use Tapestry to fill the IOC gap - instead of Spring and Guice.”

Funniest thing I’ve read in awhile.  Thanks for the laugh.

Robert

Posted by Christian Riedel <cr...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, 22 Apr 2016 04:27:26 -0300, Adam X <vb...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Why? Just curious. :)
>
> Well, that brings me to my problem. What I'm really after is
> Tapestry's ordered configuration and its chain builder service, so I
> thought I may as well use IOC since I don't think I can split them.

You mean just use distributed configuration and chain builder services?

> Or
> let me ask my question differently. Is Tapestry registry, chain
> builder and ordered configuration in all in the core module?

If you consider "core module" to be the IoC whole part (the tapestry-ioc
JAR), then yes.

> And if so, can I just bring in the core module to use it?

Yes if the answer above is yes.

> So in short, after reading:
> https://tapestry.apache.org/chainbuilder-service.html sounds like it's
> exactly what I need. If I bring in only tapestry core jar, will I get
> this? And if I need Tapestry IOC as well, I would happily replace my
> CDI with IOC.

I think you got it backwards, and I agree the naming is confusing:
tapestry-core is the Web framework. tapestry-ioc is the IoC and dependency
injection framework. For the scenario you described in this thread, you
only need tapestry-ioc. tapestry-core by itself depends on tapestry-ioc.
Registry, services, dependency injection, distributed configuration, chain
builders, etc are all in tapestry-ioc. You don't need tapestry-core at all.

Posted by Adam X <vb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Cezary Biernacki <ce...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Basile Chandesris <ba...@free.fr>.