Posted to taglibs-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org> on 2004/06/05 00:23:05 UTC

RE: Where is the Input tag library?

Good question. It's actually missing from the main Apache site, which is why
it's missing from the mirrors. It's not the only one that's missing,
either - at least io and i18n, and quite possibly others, are also missing.
I have no idea where they went (assuming they were really there at some
point).

Anyone have any ideas? (Copying -dev so all the committers see this.)

--
Martin Cooper

Posted by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@mail.more.net>.
On Sat, Jun 05, 2004 at 10:06:21PM -0300, Felipe Leme wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-06-05 at 12:35, Glenn Nielsen wrote:
>
> > The nightly builds are done on my desktop system where I work.
>
> Is that system one of those Gump hosts?

No.

Re: Where is the Input tag library?

Posted by Felipe Leme <ja...@felipeal.net>.
On Sat, 2004-06-05 at 12:35, Glenn Nielsen wrote:

> The nightly builds are done on my desktop system where I work.

Is that system one of those Gump hosts?

> failed when it rebooted.  This will get fixed Monday and hopefully
> nightly builds will be restarted by Tuesday.

Cool. Please send a message to the list once they're back.

-- Felipe

RE: Where is the Input tag library?

Posted by Felipe Leme <ja...@felipeal.net>.
On Sat, 2004-06-05 at 20:59, Karl von Randow wrote:
> It suggests that an official release is long overdue!

Agreed. Not only i18n, but many other taglibs as well. If I'm not
mistaken, the following taglibs never had a release:

- BSF
- Cache
- JNDI
- Scrape
- Image
- Iterators
- Unstandard
- Input
- XTags

>  I'm a committer on the input taglib. I have some small changes to commit (some addressing bugs
> currently against the taglib), then I hope we can look to release it?

Sure, please commit them.

> What's involved in making the input taglib an official release?

First, you need to propose a new release and wait until you have enough
committers votes approving it (i.e, three +1 votes - take a look on the
list archive for examples). Then you need to build it at your computer,
sign the jars, upload it to Apache's site and send notification to some
lists. The whole process is described here:

http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/addtaglib.html#manager

Remember that you need to change some XML documents (both at i18n's
directory and in the main project) stating what have changed on this
release (if you can describe what bugs have changed, providing links to
them, better yet). Also, I recommend that you ask people from the list
to review the artifacts you generated before I publish the final result.

If you have questions during the process, I can help you in private.

Regards,

Felipe

RE: Where is the Input tag library?

Posted by Karl von Randow <ka...@cactuslab.com>.
Thanks for that.

It suggests that an official release is long overdue! I'm a committer on the
input taglib. I have some small changes to commit (some addressing bugs
currently against the taglib), then I hope we can look to release it? I will
attempt to address those bugs/changes next week (not before time).

What's involved in making the input taglib an official release?

Kind regards,
Karl

Posted by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@mail.more.net>.

Posted by Felipe Leme <ja...@felipeal.net>.