Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Jon Scott Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com> on 2002/01/23 04:56:57 UTC

Re: To fork or not to fork (was: AltRMI Tasks if anyone want to take them)

on 1/22/02 7:48 PM, "Sam Ruby" <ru...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> To add some perspective:
>
>  http://www.advogato.org/article/395.html
>
> And if that doesn't work, click on the DS9 link...
>
> - Sam Ruby

This one reminds me of Paulo...

    "Those with the most opinions tend to contribute the least code."

:-)

-jon

RE: To fork or not to fork (was: AltRMI Tasks if anyone want totake them)

Posted by Paulo Gaspar <pa...@krankikom.de>.
> This one reminds me of Paulo...
>
>     "Those with the most opinions tend to contribute the least code."

I contributed patches on several things I missed and knew how to fix.

I already tried to contribute more than that and I was ignored, which
happens quite often with other people's code too.

Even recently my technical opinions were of some help for the
Dynabeans package which is similar to something I implemented. The
fact that Craig acknowledged that is much more important to me than
the fact that you don't.

I my opinions were of some help on other occasions too but that is
controversial. At least I try to give constructive ones, did you
notice that?

In answer to just this kind of remark you once sent me on a private
mail (when my opinions were obviously bothering you by challenging
yours), I replied asking you for guidance about several things I had
that could be contributed, and you ignored me too. I was not being
ironic on my reply - I really expected that you would give me some
pointers and do something constructive instead of just wining.

My conclusion is that you are much more interested in getting rid of
my opinions than on getting my code contributed. what bothers you is
the challenge to YOUR opinions, isn't it Jon?

Have fun,
Paulo Gaspar