Posted to user@flagon.apache.org by Lewis John McGibbney <le...@apache.org> on 2021/06/04 22:00:38 UTC

Tracking user activity in Apache Airflow Webserver

Hi user@,
Over the last ~6 months we've been migrating our workflow management platform to Apache Airflow [0].
Airflow has a very useful webserver GUI which really simplifies, what is essentially, a pretty complex underlying workflow management system.
From a user behaviour/activity tracking/logging perspective [1], Airflow currently supports Google Analytics [2], Segment [3], and Metarouter [4].
I've proposed a pull request [5] for a Flagon UserALE JS backend for Airflo which would allow user to utilize the Flagon platform to analyze and monitor how people are using the Airflow GUI.
I'll write here once the work is done... maybe record a YouTube video or something which we could link to.
Great work recently on pushing RC's. I'm really encouraged to see Flagon activity :)
lewismc

[0] https://airflow.apache.org
[1] https://airflow.apache.org/docs/apache-airflow/stable/logging-monitoring/tracking-user-activity.html
[2] https://analytics.withgoogle.com/