Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by ben-permeance <be...@permeance.com.au> on 2007/12/10 04:48:19 UTC

Product custom sizing

I create a product (furniture) that allows the user to enter in custom sizing
eg(Length, Width, Height).
I don't need to calculate a price.

Any suggestions?

RE: Product custom sizing

Posted by Christopher L <cl...@hotmail.com>.
This is an excellent question.

Here's my first thoughts on the subject.

I would consider using an "aggregate" product type.  Look at the ProductConfig and ProductConfigItem tables.  I'd define a new configItemTypeId (maybe Numeric?) that would be a new product config question type.  From there, some code would need to be added to the webapp to handle presenting an input box instead of a radio button list.  I haven't looked at how configurations of aggregate products are stored, but, sight unseen, I think it would be pretty easy to store a number instead of a key to ProductConfigOption.

Adding multple configurable items should come free with the prior tweaks.

Chris

Re: Product custom sizing

Posted by ben-permeance <be...@permeance.com.au>.

Re: Product custom sizing