Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Wim Deblauwe <wi...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/21 08:54:47 UTC

Problem with Maven making internet connection drop out

Hi,

I have a problem with running the Atlassian PDK. They use Maven 2. See
http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DEVNET/How+to+Build+an+Atlassian+Pluginfor
their instructions.

When I try to run mvn idea:idea, everything seems to work for a while, but
then in the midst of the work being done, my internet connection drops out.
I can restore the connection by doing ipconfig /renew. The behaviour is very
consistent with running the maven command. I did not run the command for a
few hours and my internet connection was fine, then everytime I try run mvn
idea:idea, it fails. Running mvn -Pplugin-debug works fine, I got a running
JIRA instance with an empty plugin.

I'm working on Windows XP. Anybody experienced a simular problem? I suspect
that maybe the many, many dependencies have something to do with it?

regards,

Wim

Re: Problem with Maven making internet connection drop out

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
it's on cvs

Posted by Wim Deblauwe <wi...@gmail.com>.
I will try, what is the svn url?

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Heinrich Nirschl <he...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 8:54 AM, Wim Deblauwe <wi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I have a problem with running the Atlassian PDK. They use Maven 2. See
>  http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DEVNET/How+to+Build+an+Atlassian+Pluginfor
>  their instructions.
>
>  When I try to run mvn idea:idea, everything seems to work for a while, but
>  then in the midst of the work being done, my internet connection drops out.
>  I can restore the connection by doing ipconfig /renew. The behaviour is very
>  consistent with running the maven command. I did not run the command for a
>  few hours and my internet connection was fine, then everytime I try run mvn
>  idea:idea, it fails. Running mvn -Pplugin-debug works fine, I got a running
>  JIRA instance with an empty plugin.
>
>  I'm working on Windows XP. Anybody experienced a simular problem? I suspect
>  that maybe the many, many dependencies have something to do with it?
>
>  regards,
>
>  Wim

Just a wild guess, you are problably running into the problem that
windows uses just a small number of client ports by default. A typical
error message in that case would be
java.net.BindException: Address already in use: connect

See this knowledge base article how to increase the ports:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/196271

Henry