Posted to user@spark.apache.org by RajG <rj...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/17 05:53:11 UTC

Retrieving Spark Configuration properties

I am using this version of Spark : *spark-1.4.0-bin-hadoop2.6* . I want to
check few default properties. So I gave the following statement in
spark-shell

*scala> sqlContext.getConf("spark.sql.hive.metastore.version")
*I was expecting the call to method getConf to return a value of 0.13.1 as
desribed in this  link
<http://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/sql-programming-guide.html#interacting-with-different-versions-of-hive-metastore>
. But I got the below exception

*java.util.NoSuchElementException: spark.sql.hive.metastore.version
    at
org.apache.spark.sql.SQLConf$$anonfun$getConf$1.apply(SQLConf.scala:283)
    at
org.apache.spark.sql.SQLConf$$anonfun$getConf$1.apply(SQLConf.scala:283)
*Am I retrieving the properties in the right way?

Re: Retrieving Spark Configuration properties

Posted by Yanbo Liang <yb...@gmail.com>.
This is because that you did not set the parameter "spark.sql.
hive.metastore.version".
You can check other parameters that you have set, it will work well.
Or you can first set this parameter, and then get it.