Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Beau Hebert <bh...@c-quential.com> on 2003/06/02 16:48:50 UTC

JSP HREF Prompts to Download

Hi-

I have a dynamic link in a JSP that is called from the database. The
link works fine in other areas of the site, but on this particular page,
when I click the link, I am prompted by a download dialog box to save or
open the JSP page. Anybody out there ever run across this behavior?
Thanks.

Beau Hebert

Re: JSP HREF Prompts to Download

Posted by Jason Bainbridge <ja...@jblinux.org>.
On Mon, 2 Jun 2003 22:48, Beau Hebert wrote:
> Hi-
>
> I have a dynamic link in a JSP that is called from the database. The
> link works fine in other areas of the site, but on this particular page,
> when I click the link, I am prompted by a download dialog box to save or
> open the JSP page. Anybody out there ever run across this behavior?
> Thanks.

A few more details might help, like the source of the link in question and
details of what the page it is on contains, that sort of thing would usually
be caused by mimetypes on the server but sounds like something different in
your instance.

Actually I have seen similar behaviour on a borked Windows box, if you created
a new file as .txt and then changed it to a .php it would still think it is a
.txt file and not parse the PHP, maybe yours is a similar thing? I still
haven't worked out what caused that behaviour...

Jason Bainbridge
KDE Web Team - http://kde.org
webmaster@kde.org