Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Thomas E Deweese <th...@kodak.com> on 2000/11/28 20:22:01 UTC

Text and fill-opacity

Hi all,

   I'm almost done adding support for enable-background and feBlend,
however our results from the blend BE don't match, we do (more or
less) match the feComposite BE which uses enable-background.

   In digging into the problem, it appears that the SourceGraphic from
the TextNode does not take into account the fill-opacity.

   In looking at the code this does in fact appear to be the case,
nowhere in the ConcreteTextNode does it deal with any of the opacity
settings.  Is this intentional, are the plans to add this, or is this
just an oversight?

   Any clues as to the best way to proceed are appreciated.

Text and fill-opacity

Posted by Thomas E Deweese <th...@kodak.com>.

TD> Hi all,

TD>    In digging into the problem, it appears that the SourceGraphic
TD> from the TextNode does not take into account the fill-opacity.

TD>    In looking at the code this does in fact appear to be the case,
TD> nowhere in the ConcreteTextNode does it deal with any of the
TD> opacity settings.  Is this intentional, are the plans to add this,
TD> or is this just an oversight?

    Ok I now see that it is node in the bridge when constructing the
AttributedCharacterIterator.  Still don't know why we don't match the
BE....