Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Stefan Zachara <dr...@wp.pl> on 2007/12/07 12:39:20 UTC

parameters in Form set to null after coming back from RestartResponseAtInterceptPageException

I'm just learning wicket.
I've done some examples using "Pro wicket" book.
After hitting checkout on  http://manta.univ.gda.pl/~szachara/Checkout.java
Checkout.java  there is authentication class (
http://manta.univ.gda.pl/~szachara/Login.java Login.java ) invoked by
RestartResponseAtInterceptPageException. On successful login wicket tries to
retrive values from initial checkoutForm but those values are all set to
null. ServletWebRequest.request.parameterMap has only one value
"wicket:interface" = ":1:checkoutForm::IFormSubmitListener::".
It seems wicket has lost all data from initial Form somewhere while
InterceptPage (Login) was executing.
It throws:
WicketMessage: Method onFormSubmitted of interface
org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.IFormSubmitListener targeted at component
[MarkupContainer [Component id = checkoutForm, page = org.stefan.Checkout,
path = 1:checkoutForm.Form, isVisible = true, isVersioned = true]] threw an
exception

Root cause:

java.lang.NullPointerException
at
org.apache.wicket.util.convert.converters.AbstractConverter.parse(AbstractConverter.java:55)
at
org.apache.wicket.util.convert.converters.AbstractNumberConverter.parse(AbstractNumberConverter.java:76)
at
org.apache.wicket.util.convert.converters.IntegerConverter.convertToObject(IntegerConverter.java:44)
at
org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.FormComponent.convertInput(FormComponent.java:1134)
at
org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.FormComponent.validate(FormComponent.java:1016)
at org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.Form$15.validate(Form.java:1644)
at
org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.Form$ValidationVisitor.formComponent(Form.java:152)
at
org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.FormComponent.visitFormComponentsPostOrderHelper(FormComponent.java:400)
at
org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.FormComponent.visitFormComponentsPostOrderHelper(FormComponent.java:387)
at
org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.FormComponent.visitFormComponentsPostOrderHelper(FormComponent.java:387)
at
org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.FormComponent.visitFormComponentsPostOrderHelper(FormComponent.java:387)
at
org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.FormComponent.visitFormComponentsPostOrder(FormComponent.java:365)
at
org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.Form.visitFormComponentsPostOrder(Form.java:982)
at
org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.Form.validateComponents(Form.java:1640)
at org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.Form.validate(Form.java:1631)
at org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.Form.process(Form.java:794)
at org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.Form.onFormSubmitted(Form.java:766)
at
org.apache.wicket.RequestListenerInterface.invoke(RequestListenerInterface.java:183)
at
org.apache.wicket.request.target.component.listener.ListenerInterfaceRequestTarget.processEvents(ListenerInterfaceRequestTarget.java:73)
at
org.apache.wicket.request.AbstractRequestCycleProcessor.processEvents(AbstractRequestCycleProcessor.java:90)
at
org.apache.wicket.RequestCycle.processEventsAndRespond(RequestCycle.java:1094)
at org.apache.wicket.RequestCycle.step(RequestCycle.java:1169)
at org.apache.wicket.RequestCycle.steps(RequestCycle.java:1248)
at org.apache.wicket.RequestCycle.request(RequestCycle.java:489)
at org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter.doGet(WicketFilter.java:343)
at
org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter.doFilter(WicketFilter.java:193)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
at
at
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:175)
at
at
at
at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:263)
at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:844)
at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:584)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Complete stack:

org.apache.wicket.WicketRuntimeException: Method onFormSubmitted of
interface org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.IFormSubmitListener targeted at
component [MarkupContainer [Component id = checkoutForm, page =
org.stefan.Checkout, path = 1:checkoutForm.Form, isVisible = true,
isVersioned = true]] threw an exception
at
org.apache.wicket.RequestListenerInterface.invoke(RequestListenerInterface.java:194)
at
org.apache.wicket.request.target.component.listener.ListenerInterfaceRequestTarget.processEvents(ListenerInterfaceRequestTarget.java:73)
at
org.apache.wicket.request.AbstractRequestCycleProcessor.processEvents(AbstractRequestCycleProcessor.java:90)
at
org.apache.wicket.RequestCycle.processEventsAndRespond(RequestCycle.java:1094)
at org.apache.wicket.RequestCycle.step(RequestCycle.java:1169)
at org.apache.wicket.RequestCycle.steps(RequestCycle.java:1248)
at org.apache.wicket.RequestCycle.request(RequestCycle.java:489)
at org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter.doGet(WicketFilter.java:343)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor41.invoke(Unknown Source)
at
at
org.apache.wicket.RequestListenerInterface.invoke(RequestListenerInterface.java:183)
at
org.apache.wicket.request.target.component.listener.ListenerInterfaceRequestTarget.processEvents(ListenerInterfaceRequestTarget.java:73)
at
org.apache.wicket.request.AbstractRequestCycleProcessor.processEvents(AbstractRequestCycleProcessor.java:90)
at
org.apache.wicket.RequestCycle.processEventsAndRespond(RequestCycle.java:1094)
at org.apache.wicket.RequestCycle.step(RequestCycle.java:1169)
at org.apache.wicket.RequestCycle.steps(RequestCycle.java:1248)
at org.apache.wicket.RequestCycle.request(RequestCycle.java:489)
at org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter.doGet(WicketFilter.java:343)

After I'm logged in and there is no RestartResponseAtInterceptPageException
everything runs smoothly.

rest of this code:
http://manta.univ.gda.pl/~szachara/WicketApplication.java
WicketApplication.java
http://manta.univ.gda.pl/~szachara/HelloWorldSession.java
HelloWorldSession.java
http://manta.univ.gda.pl/~szachara/StoreAuthorizationStrategy.java
StoreAuthorizationStrategy.java
http://manta.univ.gda.pl/~szachara/SecuredWicketPage.java
SecuredWicketPage.java

http://manta.univ.gda.pl/~szachara/ViewBooks.java ViewBooks.java
http://manta.univ.gda.pl/~szachara/ViewBooks.html.txt ViewBooks.html
http://manta.univ.gda.pl/~szachara/Checkout.java Checkout.java
http://manta.univ.gda.pl/~szachara/Checkout.html.txt Checkout.html
http://manta.univ.gda.pl/~szachara/Login.java Login.java
http://manta.univ.gda.pl/~szachara/Login.html Login.html.txt
http://manta.univ.gda.pl/~szachara/Confirmation.java Confirmation.java
http://manta.univ.gda.pl/~szachara/Confirmation.html.txt
Confirmation.html.txt

http://manta.univ.gda.pl/~szachara/Book.java Book.java
http://manta.univ.gda.pl/~szachara/BookDao.java BookDao.java
http://manta.univ.gda.pl/~szachara/BookDataProvider.java
BookDataProvider.java
http://manta.univ.gda.pl/~szachara/Cart.java Cart.java
http://manta.univ.gda.pl/~szachara/CheckoutBook.java CheckoutBook.java
http://manta.univ.gda.pl/~szachara/LoadableBookModel.java
LoadableBookModel.java
http://manta.univ.gda.pl/~szachara/User.java User.java

There is probably some simple mistake on my side. But I can't find it..
I would appreciate any help.

Re: parameters in Form set to null after coming back from RestartResponseAtInterceptPageException

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.
I guess if you dont post but do a get then it works, but it is not
easy to do a redirect again that should be a post

Posted by Maurice Marrink <ma...@gmail.com>.
No mistake.