Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Ronan Lucio <ro...@tiper.com.br> on 2006/11/21 19:54:39 UTC

undefined symbol: dav_xml_get_cdata

Hi,

So I´m trying to install subversion-1.4.0 in a CentOS-4.4

I downloaded the packages from summersoft.fay.ar.us as a David´s tip
and install the RPM´s

# rpm -Uvh apr-0.9.12-1.i386.rpm
# rpm -Uvh apr-util-0.9.12-1.i386.rpm
# rpm -ivh mod_dav_svn-1.4.0-1.i386.rpm
# rpm -ivh subversion-1.4.0-1.i386.rpm

# rpm -qa | egrep "(apr|subversion|dav|httpd-2)"
subversion-1.4.0-1
mod_dav_svn-1.4.0-1
httpd-2.0.52-28.ent.centos4
apr-util-0.9.12-1
apr-0.9.12-1

After that I configured the file /etc/httpd/conf.d/subversion.conf
uncommenting the LoadModule (dav_svn_module and authz_svn_module)
lines and altering de <Location> values.

So I restarted Apache:

# service httpd restart

And it failed:

Startind httpd: Syntax error on line 2 of /etc/httpd/conf.d/subversion.conf:
Cannot load /etc/httpd/modules/mod_dav_svn.so into server:
/etc/httpd/modules/mod_dav_svn.so: undefined symbol: dav_xml_get_cdata
                                                           [FAILED]

Any help would be appreciated,
Ronan

Re: undefined symbol: dav_xml_get_cdata

Posted by Ronan Lucio <ro...@tiper.com.br>.
I´m answer the message to thank all you guys for the help
and to register the resolution in the mailling list archives.

The problems is that the lines:

LoadModule dav_module modules/mod_dav.so
LoadModule dav_fs_module modules/mod_dav_fs.so

were commented for security reasons.
Not that it would or wouldn´t open any vulnerability in the systems.
It was commented just because it wasn´t being used.

Thanks,
Ronan

Posted by Erik Huelsmann <eh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ronan Lucio <ro...@tiper.com.br>.