Posted to dev@predictionio.apache.org by takako shimamoto <ch...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/09 10:09:44 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Improve maintenance of the official templates

We might as well fold them into one single repo. When running git
clone, every template/example would be pulled down by default. At this
rate, it's too expensive to use our poor resource to maintain.

Posted by Naoki Takezoe <ta...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Since there was no reaction to creating new repository to aggregate
the official templates I'm considering about incorporating the
official templates with main repository as suggested by Donald. My
work in progress pull request is here:
https://github.com/apache/predictionio/pull/500

My idea is not only incorporating the official templates to main
repository, but including the official templates and examples in the
distribution. Users can refer these examples or use templates instead
of cloning from GitHub. This will release us from trouble of templates
versioning.

Anyway, please take a look my pull request and let me know your thoughts.
.

--
Naoki Takezoe

Re: [DISCUSS] Improve maintenance of the official templates

Posted by Naoki Takezoe <ta...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Donald Szeto <do...@apache.org>.
That’s a pretty radical idea. It may send a wrong message of abandoning
templates though.

I am not a big fan of the template command. We got rid of it because it
caused more problems than being user-friendly.

Posted by Naoki Takezoe <ta...@gmail.com>.

--
Naoki Takezoe