Posted to dev@wookie.apache.org by Ross Gardler <rg...@opendirective.com> on 2013/03/28 00:05:07 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Wookie 0.14 Release Candidate

This is the 7th release for Apache Wookie, with the artifacts being
versioned as 0.14.

We are requesting a vote via wookie-dev for the release of the artifacts in
the first instance found here...

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/wookie/0.14/

...as the final 0.14 release.

PGP release keys (signed using
65B0E729<http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x6129AA0065B0E729>
):

http://www.apache.org/dist/wookie/KEYS

Additionally there are 3 sets of maven artifacts, which we hope will help
others to integrate WOOKIE into their own applications. These are...

1. Wookie itself as a downloadable WAR
2. The W3C parser
3. The Java connector framework

These artifacts are now in the staging area found here...

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachewookie-024/

Please take the time to verify the artifacts before casting your vote.

Vote will be open at least 72 hours but until we receive most of the
committers votes.

[ ] +1  approve
[ ] +0  no opinion
[ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)

--
Ross Gardler (@rgardler)
Programme Leader (Open Development)

Re: [VOTE] Apache Wookie 0.14 Release Candidate

Posted by Paul Sharples <p....@bolton.ac.uk>.
I've checked through and everything looks okay to me.
One minor issue is that each maven artefacts POM file has a <scm>
element which points to the wrong location in svn.

  - wookie-java-connector-0.14.pom
  - wookie-parser-0.14.pom
  - wookie-0.14.pom

(It should be 0.14.0 which is the actual tag rather than 0.14 which
doesn't exist)

But it is not a blocker for me.  Also Ross, I think you'll need to
update the KEYS file here...

http://www.apache.org/dist/wookie/KEYS

to match the one here...

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/wookie/KEYS

+1 from me.

Paul

Re: [DISCUSS] [VOTE] Apache Wookie 0.14 Release Candidate

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@opendirective.com>.
I'm going to be stuck in the Russian embassy unexpectedly for the next two
days so I'm pretty sure I'll find the time to finish this off. Write the
report as completed. I'll modify if necessary.

Sent from a mobile device, please excuse mistakes and brevity

Posted by Scott Wilson <sc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@opendirective.com>.
+1

Posted by Matt Franklin <m....@gmail.com>.
Sorry for the late vote.

+1

Posted by Scott Wilson <sc...@gmail.com>.
On 27 Mar 2013, at 23:05, Ross Gardler wrote:

> This is the 7th release for Apache Wookie, with the artifacts being
> versioned as 0.14.
>
> We are requesting a vote via wookie-dev for the release of the artifacts in
> the first instance found here...
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/wookie/0.14/
>
> ...as the final 0.14 release.
>
> PGP release keys (signed using
> 65B0E729<http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x6129AA0065B0E729>
> ):
>
> http://www.apache.org/dist/wookie/KEYS
>
> Additionally there are 3 sets of maven artifacts, which we hope will help
> others to integrate WOOKIE into their own applications. These are...
>
> 1. Wookie itself as a downloadable WAR
> 2. The W3C parser
> 3. The Java connector framework
>
> These artifacts are now in the staging area found here...
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachewookie-024/
>
> Please take the time to verify the artifacts before casting your vote.

+1

tl;dr:

Standalone Version

Checked .asc signature - good!
Checked MD5 - good!
./startup.sh worked (after doing chmod +x)
Played with the widgets, all good

Source Version

Checked .asc signature - good!
Checked MD5 - good!
ant run worked
Played with the widgets, all good

War Version
Checked .asc signature - good!
Checked MD5 - good!
Deployed into Tomcat 7.0.35 with MySQL 5.0.45 - worked
Played with the widgets, all good

Maven
I had a look at these. The only problem I found was that Steve is missing from the list of developers in the pom template. Not a blocker.

LICENSE and NOTICE
No new dependencies in Ivy for trunk or for the sub modules
No new JS dependencies
RAT check looks good; the only issue was xmldsig-core-schema.xsd was missing from rat-ignore (there's a typo). Definitely not a blocker.