Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/11 00:38:18 UTC

Semantics of assembly-plugin's container descriptor handlers

Hi there,

I've already filed a ticket [0] for this, but I realize the behavior I'm
seeing could be by design, so I thought I'd bring it up over here.

What are the intended semantics of these handlers? In particular, I'm
seeing a handler instance appears to be reused across modules in a
multi-module project. Is this to be expected? In my particular case, the
way I'm trying to use it, this is resulting in state building up from
earlier modules and being used in later modules. In my case, this manifests
as metaInf-services depositing values from the first modules' service files
into the service files in uberjars created from the second module.

Can anyone shed some light on this one for me? How am I *supposed* to be
doing things? ;)

Thanks,
Nick

[0]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MASSEMBLY-773