Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by we...@interia.pl on 2004/09/20 11:20:53 UTC

Localizing ORDER BY clause

Hello,

I need to localize collation order in ORDER BY clauses to Polish locale. Is it possible in Derby? When I sort data from table it puts Polish diacritics at the end of the sorted list. It should put it according to Polish alphabet.

I read that Derby does not support Polish territory (pl_PL). Does territory support include collation ordering? Is it easy to add pl_PL support to Derby, I mean for example by adding some resource files?

Thanks in advance,

Maciek Wegorkiewicz