Posted to users@buildr.apache.org by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com> on 2008/04/30 03:00:30 UTC

JOB: Ruby/Rake/Buildr/Java

Hi,

If you're looking for a job that involves programming with Ruby, Rake,
Buildr and some Java, here's your chance.

alex

----------------

Do you like solving problems with scripting languages?
Are you the person who's always tinkering with the build system?
Do you like mixing object-oriented design, functional programming and
scripting?

We're looking for developers who are:

    * Smart
    * Have good design sense
    * Have strong interest in object-oriented and functional programming
    * Have experience with scripting languages (e.g. Ruby, Python, ...)
    * Love to code and code well, including testing your own programs
    * Work well in a team and individually
    * Self-motivated, constantly curious and up for learning new things

Things that give you an edge:

    * Knowledge of Java and J2EE
    * Some experience with web development
    * Some experience with database development

You would be working on what could be characterized as an uber build system:
a combined software installer, automatic software update tool and
configuration management console for a large enterprise software platform.
Our software is Java-based but this tool will be based mostly on Ruby
(possibly JRuby on some platforms), Rake, Buildr and involve some web
development, hosted web services (REST) for the backend and integration with
various other services for operational management visibility (e.g.
salesforce.com).

Intalio is software company developing a platform and solutions for Business
Process Management (BPM). Our customers include Global 2500 companies, IT
consulting firms, system integrators, independent software vendors (ISVs)
and more.

Our preference is for local candidates (San Francisco Bay Area) although
remote work is a possibility for candidates with exceptional abilities.

Come take a look at http://www.intalio.com and send us your resume at
careers@intalio.com