Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Regina Henschel <rb...@t-online.de> on 2013/05/22 18:10:23 UTC

Need commit help

Hi,

with commit http://svn.apache.org/r1485263 I have got the message

Propchange:
openoffice/trunk/main/helpcontent2/source/text/shared/guide/sidebar_window.xhp
     svn:executable = *

Is all okay or do I have something to do?

Kind regards
Regina

Re: Need commit help

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 6/15/13 6:01 AM, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:

> Hi Ricardo,
>
> On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 09:42:06PM +0200, RGB ES wrote:
>> Looking at the ES build, I can see that the sidebar page on the
>> bundled help is not localized. In fact this page it's not even on
>> pootle yet (checked for ES and IT) so it cannot be translated.
>> Will be there on next iteration?
>
> IIRC Jürgen planned to integrate it, but it isn't present in any of
> the SDF files:
> http://opengrok.adfinis-sygroup.org/source/search?q=sidebar_window.xhp&defs=&refs=&path=&hist=&project=aoo-trunk
>
>  if integrated, that search should return locations in
> main/extras/l10n for the already committed SDF files, like
> http://opengrok.adfinis-sygroup.org/source/search?q=step1.xhp&defs=&refs=&path=&hist=&project=aoo-trunk

no the help file is simply not integrated yet because the lack of
time. It requires a new sdf file and merging all available
translations against the new po files. And later on the merge back in
the build env. Besides the most important translation part, the rest
of the work is my time ;-)

Juergen

Re: Need commit help

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi Ricardo,

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 09:42:06PM +0200, RGB ES wrote:
> Looking at the ES build, I can see that the sidebar page on the bundled
> help is not localized. In fact this page it's not even on pootle yet
> (checked for ES and IT) so it cannot be translated. Will be there on next
> iteration?

IIRC Jürgen planned to integrate it, but it isn't present in any of the
SDF files:
http://opengrok.adfinis-sygroup.org/source/search?q=sidebar_window.xhp&defs=&refs=&path=&hist=&project=aoo-trunk

if integrated, that search should return locations in main/extras/l10n
for the already committed SDF files, like
http://opengrok.adfinis-sygroup.org/source/search?q=step1.xhp&defs=&refs=&path=&hist=&project=aoo-trunk

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

Re: Need commit help

Posted by RGB ES <rg...@gmail.com>.
2013/5/23 Regina Henschel <rb...@t-online.de>

> Hi Jürgen,
>
> Jürgen Schmidt schrieb:
>
>  On 5/22/13 7:27 PM, Regina Henschel wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Ariel,
>>>
>>> thank you for correcting it.
>>>
>>> I have seen the wrong flag in my local source now. I hope, I remember
>>> next time, that inside Cygwin is not Windows and I have to use "ls -l"
>>> and not "dir".
>>>

>> Does it mean we have now a minimal help file for the sidebar and I
>> should or can finally update the help translation project?
>>

> Yes, I have decided to wait no longer for improvement suggestions and have
> committed it. It is only a single page about the sidebar window itself.
> Improvements and introducing the missing tooltips inside the panels can be
> done later.

Looking at the ES build, I can see that the sidebar page on the bundled
help is not localized. In fact this page it's not even on pootle yet
(checked for ES and IT) so it cannot be translated. Will be there on next
iteration?

Regards
Ricardo

Re: Need commit help

Posted by Regina Henschel <rb...@t-online.de>.
Hi Jürgen,

Re: Need commit help

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: Need commit help

Posted by Regina Henschel <rb...@t-online.de>.
Hi Ariel,

Re: Need commit help

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi Regina,

On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 06:42:27PM +0200, Regina Henschel wrote:
> >This means it was committed with the executable bit on:
> >
> >[ariel@localhost trunk]$ ls -l main/helpcontent2/source/text/shared/guide/sidebar_window.xhp
> >-rwxrwxr-x. 1 ariel ariel 11266 May 22 13:14 main/helpcontent2/source/text/shared/guide/sidebar_window.xhp
>
> How can I correct it? I think a .xhp file should not be executable.

I corrected it with http://svn.apache.org/r1485289

Note that if using subversion, one should avoid (according to the
manual) using chmod +x / chmod -x, but with git-svn this works,
svn:executable is the only  SVN property not ignored
(https://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/git-svn.html).

So the steps to fix an already committed file:

[ariel@localhost trunk]$ chmod -x main/helpcontent2/source/text/shared/guide/sidebar_window.xhp
[ariel@localhost trunk]$ git commit -a --message="Remove executable bit"
[ariel@localhost trunk]$ git svn dcommit

The -x removes the executable bit.

> >Are you using subversion or git-svn?
>
> I use git-svn. How can I avoid such problem?

If you want to avoid this before committing, you can make a pre-commit
hook (this is a script that is run before committing and aborts the
commit if it returns error code), or perform some checks manually;
searching in Google for "git windows executable bit" gives several
results, this seems a common problem on Win; for example
https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/chromium-dev/0EdNev3NNsw
which suggests setting

git config core.filemode false

Regards