Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Wim Godden <wi...@godden.net> on 2002/02/15 17:31:36 UTC

Limiting Perl's access to the system ?

Is there some way to limit Perl's access to the system ? My users
shouldn't be able to retrieve information such as the CPU type, the
amount of memory, etc. through cgi-scripts...

Re: Limiting Perl's access to the system ?

Posted by Webmaster <we...@rolysvirtualpets.com>.
Try compiling Perl with some command line options.

Re: search engines

Posted by "Kevin M. Shortt" <sh...@cgicafe.com>.

> I'd to know which search engine I could use with apache. Is there anyone
> that work with pdf files?

	htdig does. I've put this in place, but not with the pdf indexes.
		(www.htdig.org)

	It offers pdf support for it tho.
		http://www.htdig.org/FAQ.html#q1.13

HTH

-k

search engines

Posted by metaenlace <me...@metaenlace.com>.
Hi,
I'd to know which search engine I could use with apache. Is there anyone
that work with pdf files?

Thank you

Re: Limiting Perl's access to the system ?

Posted by Wim Godden <wi...@godden.net>.

Posted by Webmaster <we...@rolysvirtualpets.com>.
Try using suExec.

Posted by Pietro Cagnoni <pc...@mclink.net>.
> Is there some way to limit Perl's access to the system ? My users
> shouldn't be able to retrieve information such as the CPU type, the
> amount of memory, etc. through cgi-scripts...

i think it's not possible, at least in an easy way. you can try to
chroot their scripts in a reduced environment, with a custom hacked perl
executable, without all the programs that can give these informations,
without Config.pm, without /proc, without a lot of things it's easy to
forget...

hope this helps, but im'almost sure it doesn't :-)

pietro.