Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "." <th...@gmail.com> on 2018/05/29 15:42:56 UTC

2.4.34 release

Hey everyone,

   When can we expect a release of 2.4.34?

   We have been using a patched version of 2.4.33 for the last month or so,
due to the 2.4.33 release having a bug which breaks rproxy connections that
have SSL enabled.

    I believe this is referenced as being fixed in the 2.4.34 CHANGES as:

  *) mod_ssl: Fix merging of proxy SSL context outside <Proxy> sections,
     regression introduced in 2.4.30. PR 62232. [Rainer Jung, Yann Ylavic]
     We don't have the option to roll back to a version prior to
2.4.33 as there was no public release of 2.4.30, 2.4.31, or 2.4.32 and
there are several security fixes in 2.4.30.

      I would feel a bit more comfortable having an official release
on our servers rather than a patched one, and honestly, given the
impact of the regression in 2.4.33, I expected that an official
release would have been available some time ago.

Thanks,
Dan Oliver

Re: 2.4.34 release

Posted by Yann Ylavic <yl...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, May 29, 2018 at 6:13 PM, Daniel Ruggeri <dr...@primary.net> wrote:
> I'm game for doing a T&R today and running the vote through Sunday (since
> I'm out of town starting tomorrow) if we're ready.
>
> Fellow devs?

There are still showstoppers in STATUS that need to be
reviewed/backported before any release.

Regards,
Yann.

Re: 2.4.34 release

Posted by Alain Toussaint <al...@vocatus.pub>.
Le mardi 29 mai 2018 à 18:19 +0200, Graham Leggett a écrit :
> On 29 May 2018, at 6:13 PM, Daniel Ruggeri <dr...@primary.net>
> wrote:
>
> > I'm game for doing a T&R today and running the vote through Sunday
> > (since I'm out of town starting tomorrow) if we're ready.
> >
> > Fellow devs?
>
> +1 and thanks for this.
>
> Regards,
> Graham
> —

+1.

Alain

Re: 2.4.34 release

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.
On 29 May 2018, at 6:13 PM, Daniel Ruggeri <dr...@primary.net> wrote:

> I'm game for doing a T&R today and running the vote through Sunday (since I'm out of town starting tomorrow) if we're ready.
>
> Fellow devs?

+1 and thanks for this.

Regards,
Graham
—

Re: 2.4.34 release

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
I've held off on a T&R due to the showstoppers in STATUS... We shouldn't release until they are closed.

Re: 2.4.34 release

Posted by Daniel Ruggeri <dr...@primary.net>.