Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net> on 2011/12/28 05:35:29 UTC

[www][announce] Beginning the Website DNS Migration in 1 Day

We are ready to switchover www.openoffice.org and related *.openoffice.org subdomains to the website as hosted at ooo-site.apache.org.

There is now a site google search and Teams is changed to Focus. I have made changes to the podling site in preparation.

The only real hole is that there are no Community FAQs. There should be Community FAQs!

There are certainly several tweaks that could be made to the website. Feel free.

Unless there are reasonable objections, Joe plans to start the DNS IP changes for *.openoffice.org in 24 hours.

Regards,
Dave

Re: [www][announce] Beginning the Website DNS Migration in 1 Day

Posted by Kazunari Hirano <kh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kay, Dave and all,

Thanks!

> yeah--we have some cleanup, but all in all, a SUCCESS! YAY!
>
> A great present for the new year! :)

Yes, it is!  This is great indeed!

http://twitter.com/#!/khiranoooo/status/152160277792694272
http://twitter.com/#!/khiranoooo/status/152160776549965824
Japanese site looks good.

Happy New Year to you all.
http://openoffice.exblog.jp/14276383/

Next year Dragon will be with us, Apache OpenOffice, and make the
website better, I hope.
:)
khirano
--
khirano@apache.org
Apache OpenOffice (incubating)

Re: [www][announce] Beginning the Website DNS Migration in 1 Day

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 2:20 PM, Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net> wrote:

> On Dec 28, 2011, at 2:06 PM, TJ Frazier wrote:

> site when their DNS changed.

> /branding/kenai/stylesheets/style_kenai.css?20111216.8cc5bc9

> apparently fubar. That's not so serious, as long as the links work.
> >>
> >> Joe should be able to restore the assets make this get better. We are
> capturing assets-*.openoffice.org to ooo-site and we should let it
> continue to go to Oracle.

> "moderate".

> >> Adding the following to my /etc/hosts/ restores the UI on
> openoffice.org
> >>
> >> 192.9.164.104   asset-1.openoffice.org  asset-2.openoffice.org
> asset-3.openoffice.org  asset-0.openoffice.org
> >>
> >> Does it fix your moderation trouble?
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Dave
> >>
> > YES! But I get a little warning message, "waiting for
> bscorecardresearch.com..." which doesn't seem to affect anything.
>
> It's a piece of php the Kenai framework pulls - a ShareThis segmenter.
>
> Regards,
> Dave

yeah--we have some cleanup, but all in all, a SUCCESS! YAY!

A great present for the new year! :)

MzK

 by the way its animals are treated."
                              -- Mohandas Gandhi

Re: [www][announce] Beginning the Website DNS Migration in 1 Day

Posted by TJ Frazier <tj...@cfl.rr.com>.
On 12/31/2011 16:31, Dave Fisher wrote:

> On Dec 31, 2011, at 12:10 PM, TJ Frazier wrote:

[snip]

>> Well, not quite :-)
>> The background's white
>> The links are blue
>> The trouble is,
>> The text is, too!
>> /tj/ (believing that if "Lighght" can win a prize, anything goes)
>
> Links are now red and underlined too.
> Titles and subs are bold white on blue.
>
> Please make sure your css reloads.
>
> Regards,
> Dave

Dave,

A belated but heartfelt "thank you" for the lovely job on the API. FWIW,
I've been busy using it, for:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/User:TJFrazier#Toggle_Case_between_Upper_and_Lower
which now works.

I need to follow through with a serious update on the cursor-movement
documentation, on the wiki. That will involve even more API lookup and
referencing.

Thanks again, /tj/

Re: [www][announce] Beginning the Website DNS Migration in 1 Day

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.

Posted by TJ Frazier <tj...@cfl.rr.com>.

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@googlemail.com>.
On 12/31/11 8:36 PM, Dave Fisher wrote:

> On Dec 30, 2011, at 2:26 AM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:

>> the css comes originally from the autodoc tool and when i remember it
>> correctly I made minor changes to adapt the colors not more. I hope we can
>> replace the autodoc tool with another generator that use the type library
>> directly instead of parsing the IDL files again. And another tool that can
>> parse the UNO C++ runtime better than autodoc. I would love to drop autodoc
>> completely.

>>> Modules", in darker blue on lighter blue, if you can read it. The link to
>>> it is the first words on about the third line of the page; that, too, is
>>> not marked very clearly (as a link). IIRC, these were bolded when they were
>>> links, but YMMV. /tj/
>>>

>> i can't find it either way. The reason is that i have made heavy use of the
>> navigation bar on the left side of the old page and have inserted some more
>> items there. These are completely missed now. I will rework the content of
>> the page asap to bring back some missing links.
>
> I have repaired the missing and improper css.
>
> I think that the api docs are now in good shape.

indeed it looks good now

> Tell us about the kinds of special links you had on the Kenai lefthand navigation.

seems to be not special, they are all there now ;-) thanks

Juergen

Re: [www][announce] Beginning the Website DNS Migration in 1 Day

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
On Dec 30, 2011, at 2:26 AM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 12:43 AM, TJ Frazier <tj...@cfl.rr.com> wrote:
>
>> On 12/29/2011 18:26, kay.schenk wrote:

> the css comes originally from the autodoc tool and when i remember it
> correctly I made minor changes to adapt the colors not more. I hope we can
> replace the autodoc tool with another generator that use the type library
> directly instead of parsing the IDL files again. And another tool that can
> parse the UNO C++ runtime better than autodoc. I would love to drop autodoc
> completely.

>>> the api "home" page at
>>>
>>> http://www.openoffice.org/api/
>>>
>>> I don't even see where this particular item is linked in. All the API docs
>>> seem to be on the wiki.
>>>
>>> Please examine the second horizontal blue bar. It says, "Nested
>> Modules", in darker blue on lighter blue, if you can read it. The link to
>> it is the first words on about the third line of the page; that, too, is
>> not marked very clearly (as a link). IIRC, these were bolded when they were
>> links, but YMMV. /tj/
>>

> i can't find it either way. The reason is that i have made heavy use of the
> navigation bar on the left side of the old page and have inserted some more
> items there. These are completely missed now. I will rework the content of
> the page asap to bring back some missing links.

If you mean these links then I have a plan - add an mdtext sidenav option to the skeleton and wrapping. I'll need a week or so ...

Developer's Guide
		• » Content Table
		• » IDL reference
		• » IDL Design Guide
		• » IDL Docu Guide
API
		• » Module structure
SDK
		• » Examples
		• » Java UNO Reference
		• » C++ UNO Reference
		• » Download
Tips 'n' Tricks
		• » Internal OO Spots
		• » External Resources

Regards,
Dave

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by TJ Frazier <tj...@cfl.rr.com>.

Posted by "kay.schenk" <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by TJ Frazier <tj...@cfl.rr.com>.
On 12/28/2011 23:50, Dave Fisher wrote:

> On Dec 28, 2011, at 7:19 PM, TJ Frazier wrote:
[snip]
>> There's some more CSS trouble with the API:
>> http://www.openoffice.org/api/docs/common/ref/com/sun/star/module-ix.html
>> All the red has disappeared, and it's needed. The horizontal title bands are now blue on blue, and very hard to read.
>
> If I am following it properly this is due to background images that have the wrong color.
>
> See this css: /api/docs/common/ref/idl.css
>
> Look for subtitle. I would suggest we change to pure background colors. What color of red do you want and for which elements. It is easy to play by editing the css.

I'm only going by my poor old jelly-ware here. Had I been smarter, I
would have saved a few screenshots. If you can supply some magic numbers
for the /etc/hosts file ("Twang your magic twanger, Froggy!"), I'll take
a look at the old api.whatever and report more comprehensively. This may

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.

Posted by TJ Frazier <tj...@cfl.rr.com>.

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.

Posted by TJ Frazier <tj...@cfl.rr.com>.

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.

Posted by TJ Frazier <tj...@cfl.rr.com>.
On 12/28/2011 15:28, Dave Fisher wrote:
> Hi Joe,
>
> I'm looking at http://openoffice.org/projects/www/lists
>
> There are missing assets.
>
>> I think that a lot of these are from people who were in the Kenai site when their DNS changed.
>>
>> For example: /branding/kenai/stylesheets/style_kenai.css?20111216.8cc5bc9
>
> Like some of these.
>
> asset-*.openoffice.org subs should continue to go to oracle's Kenai.
>

>> Not much to do there. Sooner or later they'll refresh / reload.
>
> So, there is something to do ... for some of the 404s.
>
> Regards,
> Dave

Hi, Dave,

There are some problems with the ML management pages. The CSS is
apparently fubar. That's not so serious, as long as the links work. But

Posted by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org>.
Well, it is not a www.openoffice.org page, so the whole behavior is
interesting.

If I go from that page (with its missing formatting) to Browse an Archive, and
come back, backing into the page has it show up with the correct format.

I can also log in under my existing OOo ID and it works.

If I refresh the page, I lose the formatting but I still see the
logged-in-user version of the content (with subscribe and unsubscribe
buttons).

 - Dennis

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
Hi Joe,

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
Hi Joe,

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com>.
Like 20% of all hits are 404s, FYI.

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
Hi Joe,

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Great work that Kay, Joe, Gavin and you have done (I hope I've nobody
forgotten). Thanks a lot for this important task.

Marcus

Posted by RGB ES <rg...@gmail.com>.
2011/12/28 RGB ES <rg...@gmail.com>

> Published on the Spanish forums.

Published on EN and IT forums too.
Cheers
Ricardo

Re: [www][announce] Beginning the Website DNS Migration in 1 Day

Posted by RGB ES <rg...@gmail.com>.
2011/12/28 FR web forum <oo...@free.fr>

> [...]

A big thanks from here too! Published on the Spanish forums.

Cheers
Ricardo

Re: [www][announce] Beginning the Website DNS Migration in 1 Day

Posted by FR web forum <oo...@free.fr>.