Posted to dev@beehive.apache.org by Eddie O'Neil <ek...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/06 06:33:42 UTC

wsm -- revisiting the previous discussion

All--

  Now that 1.0 is out the door, it seems like it's time to put some
effort into updating WSM and getting to passing the TCK.  We discussed
this a while back in terms:

- changing the annotation processor to use Mirror types and to allow
for a Mirror and reflection abstraction
- architectural fixup that would more easily facilitate additional
features like JAX-RPC code generation
- removing the .ser files so that we don't require serialized Java
objects at runtime and switching this onto an XML file to describe the
relevant web service metadata

I've got a large amount of this work sitting in my sandbox and would
like to look at bringing it over to trunk/.  Any dissent to this work
starting?

  Certainly would welcome any help with this...

Eddie

Re: wsm -- revisiting the previous discussion

Posted by Kenneth Tam <ke...@gmail.com>.
+1

I took a look at the work that Eddie's done in his sandbox, and from
an architectural perspective I concur with the approach it takes vs.
the current structure.

Posted by Rich Feit <ri...@gmail.com>.