Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Yik San Chan <ev...@gmail.com> on 2021/04/02 03:35:51 UTC

Why is Hive dependency flink-sql-connector-hive not available on Maven Central?

The question is cross-posted in StackOverflow
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/66914119/flink-why-is-hive-dependency-flink-sql-connector-hive-not-available-on-maven-ce

According to [Flink SQL Hive: Using bundled hive jar](
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-stable/dev/table/connectors/hive/#using-bundled-hive-jar
):

> The following tables list all available bundled hive jars. You can pick
one to the /lib/ directory in Flink distribution.
> - flink-sql-connector-hive-1.2.2 (download link)
> - flink-sql-connector-hive-2.2.0 (download link)

However, these dependencies are not available from Maven central. As a work
around, I use [user defined dependencies](
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-stable/dev/table/connectors/hive/#user-defined-dependencies),
but this is not recommended:

> the recommended way to add dependency is to use a bundled jar. Separate
jars should be used only if bundled jars don’t meet your needs.

I wonder why the bundle jars are not available in Maven central?

Follow-up: Since they are not available from Maven central, I wonder how to
include them in pom.xml in order to run `mvn package`?

Thanks!

Re: Why is Hive dependency flink-sql-connector-hive not available on Maven Central?

Posted by Yik San Chan <ev...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the tip!

Posted by Rui Li <li...@gmail.com>.
Hi Yik San,

--
Best regards!
Rui Li

Re: Why is Hive dependency flink-sql-connector-hive not available on Maven Central?

Posted by Yik San Chan <ev...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by "Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai" <tz...@apache.org>.
Hi,