Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Francois MAROT <fr...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/30 21:56:50 UTC

Re: Windows and Linux build for same GAV different classifier

Hi Kevin,

I think you are facing more or less the same problem I faced before (
http://maven.40175.n5.nabble.com/mvn-deploy-deploy-file-with-same-groupId-amp-artifactId-but-different-classifiers-td5838931.html#a5838934
).
So to sum up:
- if you want to add 2 native artifacts differing by the classifier, the
ideal way is to deploy both at the same time as the main artifact.
Otherwise, if deployed separately, it seems the behavior may vary depending
on the artifact repository.
- if deploying at the same time is difficult (so was my case), then you can
declare different artifactId and voila. It's not as clean and nice but it
may be easier to manage.

I also take the opportunity to advertise my "native" plugin which may help
you: https://github.com/fmarot/nativedependencies-maven

--
Sent from: http://maven.40175.n5.nabble.com/Maven-Users-f40176.html