Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Hansjörg Meuschel <hj...@gmx.de> on 2006/06/13 14:51:07 UTC

problems writing new jsf component ..

Hi, I'm currently writing on a component and I need to pass a TITLE
attribute string into it.

My problem: everything works fine except one thing: if I want to use
bundles (or any other bean values) for the TITLE attribute, the title is
not set in  my UI Class.

What's wrong here, how can I access the beans ???

Greets Hans

Re: problems writing new jsf component ..

Posted by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com>.
Basically you are missing the handling of the value binding behaviour
in the tag for your component. When the value is set in the tag, you
have to see if it is a value binding expression (EL Expression) or a
direct value. One thing I recommend you is to try the new JSF
component library archetype [1], that will generate from scratch a
project aimed to contain JSF custom components. There is one simple
example there (sayHello component) which can help to understand all
this process.

Regards,

Bruno

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/MyFaces_Archetypes_for_Maven