Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Weichsel, Ingo" <In...@atosorigin.com> on 2005/10/25 16:59:29 UTC

maven-artifact-ant-2.0 fails to set the correct fileset

Hello,

after upgrading to maven-artifact-ant-2.0 the classpath for a dependent
artifact is not set correctly, unless the artifact was installed locally
before running ant.

The ant task and our repository definition:

	<typedef resource="org/apache/maven/artifact/ant/antlib.xml"
uri="maven-artifact-ant">
		<classpath>
			<pathelement
location="${basedir}/../lib/maven-artifact-ant-2.0-dep.jar" />
		</classpath>
	</typedef>

	<!-- declaring our remote repository -->
	<artifact:remoteRepository
		id="central"
		url="http://company.de:9999/repository/"
	/>

Definition of the dependency:

<artifact:dependencies pathId="myartifact.classpath"
filesetId="myartifact.fileset" verbose="true">
	<dependency groupId="company" artifactId="myartifact"
			version="1.0-SNAPSHOT" />
	<remoteRepository refid="central" />
</artifact:dependencies>

"myartifact" depends on one other artifact "departifact".
Both "myartifact" and "departifact" are downloaded, if I delete the loacal
repository. But the artifact "myartifact" is neither included in the
classpath myartifact.classpath nor in the fileset. The artifact, it depends
on, is included.

If I build "myartifact" locally with mvn before running ant,
ant-artifact-maven works correctly.

I noticed a difference in the local repository between downloading via
maven-artifact-ant and installing locally.

My local repository after (deleting it and) running ant:

myartifact-1.0-20051025.085345-4.jar
myartifact-1.0-20051025.085345-4.pom
myartifact-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
myartifact-1.0-SNAPSHOT.pom
maven-metadata-remote.xml

My local repository after (deleting it and) installing by calling mvn:

myartifact-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
maven-metadata-local.xml
myartifact-1.0-SNAPSHOT.pom

Can anyone help me?

Greetings

	Ingo Weichsel

Re: maven-artifact-ant-2.0 fails to set the correct fileset

Posted by Spencer Portee <sp...@sporty.org>.
I've had this issue before too.