Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Peter Bleackley <bl...@zooey.co.uk> on 2013/10/10 11:57:47 UTC

Using Solr Cell to index the internal structure of a PDF

I'm trying to index a set of PDF documents with Solr 4.5.0. So far I can
get Solr to ingest the entire document as one long string, stored in the
index as "content". However, I want to index structure within the documents.

I know that the ExtractingRequestHandler uses Apache Tika to convert the
documents to XHTML. I've used the Tika GUI to look at the XHTML
representation, and I can see that each page is represented as a <div>
element, and that structure within pages is represented by <p> elements.
How do I configure Solr to index documents at this level of granularity?

Dr Peter J Bleackley
Computational Linguistics Contractor
Playful Technology Ltd

Re: Using Solr Cell to index the internal structure of a PDF

Posted by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com>.
You can have a look here:
http://solr.pl/en/2011/04/04/indexing-files-like-doc-pdf-solr-and-tika-integration/