Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Paul Dermody <pa...@miradorsoftware.com> on 2001/05/26 16:17:00 UTC

Is net connection required for SOAP

Hi All,

Is a net connection required for SOAP to work and if so is there a work
around that will allow me to have it work while offline.  I am hoping to
demo some a SOAP based application, however I will not have a net
connection.  I know that several schemas are referenced throughout the
course of a soap call.

Cheers

Paul

Re: Is net connection required for SOAP

Posted by Tom Myers <to...@dreamscape.com>.
At 03:17 PM 5/26/2001 +0100, Paul Dermody wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>Is a net connection required for SOAP to work and if so is there a work
>around that will allow me to have it work while offline.  I am hoping to
>demo some a SOAP based application, however I will not have a net
>connection.  I know that several schemas are referenced throughout the
>course of a soap call.

Some of the samples depend on net access, but if you're set up with
Tomcat in the basic-standard way you should have no problem. Mostly I'm
working off-net.

Tom Myers

Re: Is net connection required for SOAP

Posted by Tom Myers <to...@dreamscape.com>.