Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by beyaNet Consultancy <be...@ntlworld.com> on 2004/02/24 12:46:15 UTC

SVG Bug.....

Hi,
having worked with SVG generation solidly for over one week now, I am
convinced that there is a bug with the process. If your browser makes a
request for one image which is svg'd then a java alert is thrown,
before the first image is displayed, which says
(org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap). The browser then hangs while
waiting for the second image which never gets displayed and is shown as
a broken image. If you quit the java alert this causes Tomcat to
shutdown, and the only way to restart the server after that is to
reboot the machine. Any ideas?

The process I have been doing is reading a bytea from postgreSQL into a
java byte[], and then converting that into base 64. From here the
base64 string is used to create an svg. The image sizes of the images
read into the postgreSQL table are 252kb and 223kb respectively. The
final svg'd rendered image, displayed to the browser is 44kb.

How do I get the bug registered?

System:
Mac OS X 10.3.2
postgreSQL ver 7.4.1