Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Janet Fraser <jl...@infotech.monash.edu.au> on 2005/05/11 10:48:59 UTC

Jakarta Tomcat + Windows + PHP

Hi All,
I'm running Jakarta Apache Tomcat 5.0.19 (successfully) on a Windows
2003 Server. I've been trying to figure out how to add PHP to the mix,
but everything I've read says that I need to add a LoadModule directive
to my httpd.conf and I don't have one. I didn't do the install for
Tomcat, but I'm assuming that the Jakarta install doesn't create all
those seperate Apache folders and files. Have I missed something really
simple?

Thanks

Janet Fraser

Re: Jakarta Tomcat + Windows + PHP

Posted by Lutz Zetzsche <Lu...@sea-rescue.de>.
Hi Janet,

Am Mittwoch, 11. Mai 2005 10:48 schrieb Janet Fraser:
> I'm running Jakarta Apache Tomcat 5.0.19 (successfully) on a Windows
> 2003 Server. I've been trying to figure out how to add PHP to the
> mix, but everything I've read says that I need to add a LoadModule
> directive to my httpd.conf and I don't have one.
>
> I didn't do the
> install for Tomcat, but I'm assuming that the Jakarta install doesn't
> create all those seperate Apache folders and files. Have I missed
> something really simple?

httpd.conf is the configuration file of the Apache HTTP Server
( http://httpd.apache.org/ ) which should not be mixed with the Apache
Tomcat Server. These are two different servers in two different worlds.

Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP (LAMP) is the standard combination to run
PHP. However, if you don't want to run an Apache server in parallel
with your Tomcat server, there is a way to use PHP with Tomcat. Your
keyword ist:

	Java Servlet SAPI
	-> http://de3.php.net/manual/en/ref.java.php#java.servlet

Best wishes

Lutz

Re: Jakarta Tomcat + Windows + PHP

Posted by Anura <ak...@gmail.com>.

d~l wrote:

> On 11 May 2005 at 19:01, Janet Fraser jlfraser-at-infotech.monash. wrote:
>
>> Maybe my question should have been
>> simpler, ie How do I install PHP to Tomcat?
>
> Here is my installation of PHP on tomcat 5.0.28 (on WinXP) ..
>
> *   install PHP (preferably PHP5) into c:\PHP\
>
> *   place php.ini in c:\windows\php.ini
>
> *   download phpservlet.war from here ..
>
> http://tools.herberlin.de/phpservlet/phpservlet.war
>
> *   drop phpservlet.war into tomcat5\webapps\
>
> *   in tomcat5\webapps\phpservlet\WEB-INF\web.xml
>
> set paths
>
> <param-name>php.executable</param-name>
> <param-value>c:/php/php-cgi.exe</param-value>
>
> and
>
> <param-name>SystemRoot</param-name>
> <param-value>c:/windows/</param-value>
>
> note: use php-cgi.exe and not php.exe.
>
> *   Launch http://localhost:8080/phpservlet/phpinfo.php
>
> to check that PHP is working on tomcat.

I am Anura Pushpakumara from Srilanka. I successfully followed your
instruction. But error is coming indicating that not found php executable
file. I append the error report here.
type Exception report

message

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it
from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: PHP executable not found: true
	de.herberlin.phpservlet.PhpServlet.init(PhpServlet.java:56)
	javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:211)

	org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:869)

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:664)

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)

	java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache
Tomcat/5.5.20 logs.
I will thank you lot if you will help me to correct this error.

Thankyou
Anura

email :- akasthurianura@gmail.com