Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Karr, David" <da...@wamu.net> on 2008/10/27 16:12:12 UTC

Does Axis2 do anything with WS-Addressing and WS-Policy in WSDLs?

If I have a WSDL that references WS-Addressing and WS-Policy, using a
policy expression that supposedly makes WS-Addressing "required" in the
message, along with the "wsam:Action" attribute value, does Axis2 do
anything useful with that information?

Re: Does Axis2 do anything with WS-Addressing and WS-Policy in WSDLs?

Posted by Mike_Way <mi...@webwrights.co.uk>.
Hi,

I've not used the WS-Policy implementation on AXIS-2 but believe in supports
Apache Neethi which I have used as part of the WSO2-WSAS server and does
support WS-Policy well.

The best documentation I have found is at
http://docs.huihoo.com/apache/axis/axis2-1.0-docs/xdocs/1_0/WS_policy.html
http://docs.huihoo.com/apache/axis/axis2-1.0-docs/xdocs/1_0/WS_policy.html
but I think it will take you some experimentation to get it to work! If I
get a few spare minutes, I'll dig deeper.

I hope that is some use to you.

Mike

http://www.webwrights.co.uk/ Web Wrights - Service Oriented Architecture

Posted by "Karr, David" <da...@wamu.net>.
How about the "addressing wsdl" spec, as opposed to the "addressing
metadata" spec (which uses ws:Policy)?  Does Axis2 do anything with the
former spec?  This usually uses the "wsaw" prefix, and involves the
"wsaw:UsingAddressing" element in the "wsdl:binding" element, and the
"wsaw:Action" attribute in the "wsdl:input" element.

Posted by Sanka Samaranayake <ss...@gmail.com>.
Hi David,

--
Sanka Samaranayake