Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Will Milspec <wi...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/08 18:42:19 UTC

Solr Git Tags

Hi all,

(This question is more oriented to the developer but may find relevant to
the solr user interested in perusing the source)

I've cloned the git lucene-solr repository and was surprised to find no
tags.
   empty here: http://git.apache.org/lucene-solr.git/refs/tags/

Whereas the 'older' git repository ((pre-lucene-solr-merge)   has tags ,
i.e. 1.4.0, 1.4.1, etc.
  http://git.apache.org/solr.git/refs/tags/

Can someone point me to an explanation? Do I need to use svn instead?

I seek to check out the 1.4.1 source so I could patch a class. I want to
patch against the current stable version (1.4.1) rather than the latest
commit.

thanks,

will

Re: Solr Git Tags

Posted by Mauricio Scheffer <ma...@gmail.com>.
AFAICT the new SVN trunk doesn't have any tags either (or history):
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/dev/tags/
If you're seeking 1.4.1 I'd use the old SVN repo.
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/solr/tags/release-1.4.1/

--
Mauricio