Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Vic Cekvenich <vi...@proJ.com> on 2001/09/25 22:13:15 UTC

initial values to edit .... and then view save

I am trying to in my action, retreive data from a DB, and then send it
to the page for editing. (The page would then send it back to same
action to be saved to DB. Also, I would try to use same page and action
for insterts and validtaion later).
Only.... I can't get it to work. (looked in mail archives and Struts-simple)
What am I doing wrong? It will not even display the vales.... or if it
does, I can't see the edited values.
TIA,
Vic

Page:
Here is a name edit...<p>
 <bean:message key="name.First"/>:
 <bean:message key="name.Last"/> :

Config:
     <action  path= "/nameZoomAct"
              type= "app.NameZoomAct"
              name = "NameZoomFrm"
              scope="request"
              input="/WEB-INF/pages/NameZoomPg.jsp">
      <forward name="nameZoomPg"
path="/WEB-INF/pages/NameZoomPg.jsp"/>
        </action>

action...
{
NameZoomFrm frm  = null;
NameZoomFrm frm2 = null;

String PK = request.getParameter("PK");
if (PK != null) { // do we have an argument PK passed?
    frm = new NameZoomFrm();
    BigDecimal pkBD = new BigDecimal (PK);
    frm.dbCon();
    frm.retreive(pkBD);
    frm.dbDisCon();
    debug(this,"DB fst nam is "+pkBD + frm.getFstName());
    session.setAttribute("NameZoomFrm", frm);
    form = frm;
} else { // we are editing then!
   frm = (NameZoomFrm)form;
   frm2 = (NameZoomFrm) session.getAttribute("NameZoomFrm");
   debug(this,"form Edited fst nam is " + frm.getFstName());
   debug(this,"ses E fst nam is " + frm2.getFstName());

}

return(mapping.findForward("nameZoomPg"));