Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Rafael Weingartner <ra...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/06 21:06:27 UTC

XCP and PV virtual machines

Hi guys,
this might not be the right place to ask this but I bet someone here has
the answer.

When I use the command on XCP to create a new VM:
vm-install new-name-label="Ubuntu 12.04.03 default" template="Ubuntu
Precise Pangolin 12.04 (64-bit)" sr-name-label="local sr"

And use the network O.S. installation method will the VM that is being
created be HVM or PV?

And also, how can I check if a VM that is already created and running is PV
or HVM?
--
Rafael Weingartner

Re: XCP and PV virtual machines

Posted by Carlos Reategui <ca...@reategui.com>.
You may want to look at the script I just put on
https://github.com/creategui/CloudStackImageScripts to create an Ubuntu
image from the Ubuntu cloud image repository (
http://cloud-images.ubuntu.com/releases/precise/release/)