Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by st...@systor.com on 2001/02/28 14:56:01 UTC

Partial Markup in Entity Value

I am trying to get the DOMPrint sample running under Solaris 5.6 using
Xerces 1.3.0 .

When validating the XML sample file I get the message 'Partial Markup in
Entity Value'
referring to the end of the 2nd line ( <!DOCTYPE  personnel SYSTEM
"personal.dtd">).

When I remove that line from my XML file everything runs smoothly.

What am I doing wrong?

Hope anyone can help

Regards,
Stefan

Re: Partial Markup in Entity Value

Posted by Adrian Bool <ai...@vianetworks.net>.
On Wednesday 28 February 2001 14:25, you wrote:
> You're kidding, right?  You do recognize that this isn't an element,
> right?

Not kidding - just trying.  Be it an element or not it seems strange for there
to be such an exception in the XML syntax though.

Regards,

aid

--
Adrian Bool			| http://noc.vianetworks.net/
Director, Global Network	| tel://+44.1925.484061/

Re: Partial Markup in Entity Value

Posted by Bob Kline <bk...@rksystems.com>.
You're kidding, right?  You do recognize that this isn't an element,
right?

I think you (Stefan) might want to look inside the DTD for the problem.

Bob

On Wed, 28 Feb 2001, Adrian Bool wrote:

> Try putting a '/' before the '>'.
>
> aid
>
> On Wednesday 28 February 2001 13:56, you wrote:
> > I am trying to get the DOMPrint sample running under Solaris 5.6 using
> > Xerces 1.3.0 .
> >
> > When validating the XML sample file I get the message 'Partial Markup in
> > Entity Value'
> > referring to the end of the 2nd line ( <!DOCTYPE  personnel SYSTEM
> > "personal.dtd">).
> >
> > When I remove that line from my XML file everything runs smoothly.
> >
> > What am I doing wrong?
> >
> > Hope anyone can help
> >
> > Regards,
> > Stefan