Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Stefan Meier <sh...@gmx.ch> on 2005/11/17 12:57:14 UTC

[users@httpd] Another Approach to SSL and VHOSTs

Hi folks

I understand that for implementation layer reasons it's impossible to have
more than one SSL enabled VHOST per IP.

On my development server, the situation is a little different: There are
several VHOSTs on one IP and I'd like to SSL-enable more than one of them.
However, I'm using only one self-signed cert that contains all VHOST domains
as subjectAltNames. So theoratically SSL could be established using this one
unified certificate (communication layer) and then the usual VHOSTing could
take place (on the application layer).

Any way to do this in real life on Apache 2?

Thanks for your help,   Stefan

+++ GMX - die erste Adresse f�r Mail, Message, More +++