Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Nitko2 <ni...@gmail.com> on 2005/09/15 15:19:43 UTC

[m2] Import Maven 2 source into eclipse

Hi!

I' would like to examine how Maven 2 works from inside.

Can someone tell me how can I run Maven 2 inside Eclipse. I already
connected to subversion repository using subclipse and I have source
inside Eclipse. The problem is that I have to tell Eclipse what are the
source folders inside modules and set classpath for all modules.

Is there some automated way for doing that. What tool maven developers
use for Maven2 development?

Thanks.

Re: [m2] Import Maven 2 source into eclipse

Posted by Nitko2 <ni...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Kenney. I used alpha-3 because I couldn't build new version for
some time. Now both build and eclipse:eclipse task work.

Posted by Kenney Westerhof <ke...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ralph Pöllath <li...@poellath.org>.

Posted by Nitko2 <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jesse McConnell <je...@gmail.com>.

--
jesse mcconnell

Re: [m2] Import Maven 2 source into eclipse

Posted by Jesse McConnell <je...@gmail.com>.
there is an eclipse plugin for m2

go to the root of your project and type

m2 eclipse:eclipse

that will generate .project and .classpath files so you can then import the
projects into eclipse.

the newer version of eclipse and recursively add all of the projects, if you
are on an older version you will probably have to add each seperately

On 9/15/05, Nitko2 <ni...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I' would like to examine how Maven 2 works from inside.
>
> Can someone tell me how can I run Maven 2 inside Eclipse. I already
> connected to subversion repository using subclipse and I have source
> inside Eclipse. The problem is that I have to tell Eclipse what are the
> source folders inside modules and set classpath for all modules.
>
> Is there some automated way for doing that. What tool maven developers
> use for Maven2 development?
>
> Thanks.

jesse mcconnell