Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Truong,Hoang C." <ht...@mitre.org> on 2001/10/23 19:58:56 UTC

Cocoon 1.8.2 and jakarta-tomcat-4.0.1

Hello everyone,
Does Cocoon-1.8.2 work with tomcat-4.0.1?  I noticed that tomcat-4.0.1
have changed the configuration files.  How do I make it to work with
cocoon-1.8.2?  Thanks.

Hoang

Re: Cocoon 1.8.2 and jakarta-tomcat-4.0.1

Posted by "Truong,Hoang C." <ht...@mitre.org>.
I did copy all the cocoon jars to $TOMCAT_HOME/common/lib.
I changed the text conf/cocoon.properties to WEB-INF/cocoon.properties
in $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/cocoon/WEB-INF/web.xml by Installing
instruction.
In tomcat-3.2.x, there is mod_jk.conf which we can add these lines to
serve cocoon.  How can I do the same thing in tomcat-4.0.1 since there
is no mod_jk.conf in tomcat-4.0.1?

Alias /cocoon $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/cocoon
<Directory "$TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/cocoon">
	Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
</Directory>
JkMount /cocoon/*.xml ajp13
AddType text/xml .xml
<Location /cocoon/WEB-INF/ >
AllowOverride None
deny from all
</Location>

I can't access cocoon via
http://localhost:8080/cocoon/samples/index.xml.
Thanks for your help.

Hoang

This is the error:
Apache Tomcat/4.0.1 - HTTP Status 404 - /cocoon/samples/index.xml

type Status report

message /cocoon/samples/index.xml

description The requested resource (/cocoon/samples/index.xml) is not
available.

Posted by Lajos Moczar <lm...@galatea.com>.