Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by MOHD ARSHAD SALEEM <ma...@tataelxsi.co.in> on 2012/06/06 10:56:39 UTC

how to create keyspace using cassandra API's

Hi All,

I am using Hector as a client in cassandra.And  iam trying to create Keyspace using the following API's
Keyspace keyspace = HFactory.createKeyspace("test", cluster);
but it showing the following error:
caused by: InvalidRequestException(why:Keyspace test does not exist)
can any body help me how to create keyspace in cassandra.

Regards
Arshad

Re: how to create keyspace using cassandra API's

Posted by Abhijit Chanda <ab...@gmail.com>.
U can use Astyanax API. These sort minor issues are resolved in that API.

Regards,
Abhijit

Re: how to create keyspace using cassandra API's

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.
You can use the CLI http://www.datastax.com/docs/1.0/dml/using_cli or CQL http://www.datastax.com/docs/1.0/dml/using_cql

Cheers

Aaron Morton