Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by anil gupta <an...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/04 19:02:33 UTC

org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.SecureRpcEngine class not found in HBase jar

Hi All,

If i create a maven project with the following maven dependency then the
HBase jar doesn't have org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.SecureRpcEngine class.
 <dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.hbase</groupId>
    <artifactId>hbase</artifactId>
    <version>0.94.12</version>
</dependency>

SecureRPCEngine class is used when the cluster is secured. Is there any
other maven dependency i need to use to get that class?

--
Thanks & Regards,
Anil Gupta

Re: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.SecureRpcEngine class not found in HBase jar

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 8:33 AM, lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org> wrote:

> Might be better to push the secure build to maven. No disadvantage in
> doing so. Not sure if there's any maven blackmagic missing/needed.

Yes, the necessary Maven black magic for differentiating security artifacts
is missing. I think we need the same POM munging during build+release that
we have for 0.96 for -hadoop1 and -hadoop2.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)

Re: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.SecureRpcEngine class not found in HBase jar

Posted by Enis Söztutar <en...@gmail.com>.
Indeed we need some pom mockery to be able to do that. It would be good
though.

Some history:
and related

Enis

Posted by James Taylor <gi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by anil gupta <an...@gmail.com>.
+1 for pushing the secure build to maven.

We run on HBase0.94 and for at least 1 year we are not going to upgrade our
system to HBase0.96.

Posted by lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>.

Posted by James Taylor <gi...@gmail.com>.
Let's just target your patch for the Phoenix 4.0 release so we can rely on
Maven having what we need.

Thanks,
James

Posted by anil gupta <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by anil gupta <an...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the reply.

Posted by Gary Helmling <gh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Secure HBase 0.94 is not published in maven repo.