Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/13 00:10:56 UTC

TLF Test Failures

I’ve been getting on-and-off errors like the one here:
http://apacheflexbuild.cloudapp.net:8080/job/flex-tlf/535/testReport/junit/UnitTest/Tests__FLEX_34807_Test/paste_in_beginning/

After stepping through the code, the problem boils down to FileRepository.getFile() which has the following code:

        // We have a request out, and we're waiting for the result. Unfortunately, there's no
        // way we know to wait and still handle the events that would cause the pending status
        // to complete. So we return failure here as well.
        if (_fileCache.hasOwnProperty(fileName))
        {
            return null;
        }

The resource file is sometimes loaded and sometimes not. When it’s not loaded we end up with the “null” error. Can someone more familiar with the inner workings of FlexUnit comment on how we can improve this? Maybe not start tests until file assets are loaded?

Harbs

Re: TLF Test Failures

Posted by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Harbs,

Thanks for pinging about that. I've just pushed fix for broken build.
In BeforeClass method were loaded file with TextFlow for this test
(HtmlTest.xml). File didn't load on time and test tried to use it before
load complete.

Now everything should back to normal. :)

Piotr

-----
Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com