Posted to dev@gora.apache.org by Kevin Ratnasekera <dj...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/16 12:40:45 UTC

GSoC 2016 with Apache Gora

Hi Gora Community,

I would like to participate this year GSoC under Apache Gora. I am
interested in this particular project idea Hazelcast JCache data store for
Apache Gora. [1] [2] Is this project idea available for this years GSoC ? I
would like to know Apache Gora community interested in participating this
year GSoC as for the previous year.

As GSoC student proposal period starts from today, I have come up with a
draft proposal on this ( attached to the email ) I hope community mentors
will give me some feedback on this. I can further add more detail to the
proposal.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GORA-279
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GORA-409

Thanks
Kevin

Re: GSoC 2016 with Apache Gora

Posted by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kevin,

Gora is a project under Apache Software Foundation and ASF is one of the
180 organizations who was accepted to participate in Google Summer of Code
2016. So, if you can find a mentor at Gora dev community (the person you
should report your progress apart from Google and who will help you through
your GSoC path) you can work for this idea as GSoC project.

This year I'm not planning to attend GSoC as mentor. However all of us can
help you when you start to work on this project. I hope one can be
volunteer to be a mentor for you.

By the way, I couldn't see you your attachment?

Kind Regards,
Furkan KAMACI