Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Ista Pouss <is...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/12 10:59:28 UTC

Item does not exist anymore

Hi,

I often see this exception :

Caused by: javax.jcr.InvalidItemStateException: Item does not exist
anymore: 09cbfaf2-afe6-4b91-975c-e945318ba4f0
    at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.ItemImpl.itemSanityCheck(ItemImpl.java:116)
    at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.ItemImpl.perform(ItemImpl.java:90)
    at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.NodeImpl.getNodes(NodeImpl.java:2186)
[couic]

I use jackrabbit 2.6.1.

After my impressions and googling, It seems that there is some timeout on a
node reference : I get a node, and some time later (1 hour), I get some
child on this node.

If so, how I can refresh a node reference ? Is there other explanations ?

Thanks.

--
Les dérives de rue :
Le projet de théâtre de Saint-Étienne emporté par le

Re: Item does not exist anymore

Posted by Stefan Guggisberg <st...@gmail.com>.
hi ista,

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 1:59 AM, Ista Pouss <is...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I often see this exception :
>
> Caused by: javax.jcr.InvalidItemStateException: Item does not exist
> anymore: 09cbfaf2-afe6-4b91-975c-e945318ba4f0
>     at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.ItemImpl.itemSanityCheck(ItemImpl.java:116)
>     at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.ItemImpl.perform(ItemImpl.java:90)
>     at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.NodeImpl.getNodes(NodeImpl.java:2186)
> [couic]
>
> I use jackrabbit 2.6.1.
>
> After my impressions and googling, It seems that there is some timeout on a
> node reference : I get a node, and some time later (1 hour), I get some
> child on this node.
>
> If so, how I can refresh a node reference ? Is there other explanations ?

there's no such token timeout in jackrabbit.

what you're seeing ("Item does not exist anymore" exception) happens
when calling
a method on a Node or Property instance that has been persistently
removed in the
meantime (probably by another session).

cheers
stefan