Posted to l10n@openoffice.apache.org by Ricardo Palomares Martínez <rp...@yahoo.es> on 2015/04/11 19:15:25 UTC

New version of Spanish Dictionaries for OpenOffice.org

Hi,

After a long time since version 0.7, we have finally put it together a
new version of Spanish spell checking and thesaurus dictionaries (we
have migrated the project from its old home,
https://forja.rediris.es/projects/rla-es/ , to GitHub):

https://github.com/sbosio/rla-es/releases/tag/v0.8

IIRC, posting here the link to new versions is enough for you to
include them in the Spanish binaries of next scheduled version of
OpenOffice.org. Am I right?

Spanish dictionary extensions can be found in this query of
OpenOffice.org extensions site, selecting the extensions whose author
is "Recursos lingüísticos abiertos del español":

http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/search?query=Diccionario&sort_by=field_project_stats_year&sort_order=DESC

Last time we asked about it, extensions in OpenOffice.org repository
could be managed only by one user, which was managed by Santiago
Bosio, original author of RLA-ES project. Unfortunately, Santiago has
strong personal issues which forces him to be away from the project,
so we can't count on him to be available to upload the new version.

Is there any way to upload the extensions to the website? Perhaps we
should see how to transfer the ownership of the extensions author user
from Santiago to someone else active in the Spanish dictionaries
project. We might get in touch with Santiago to get his approval, but
it could take months (which is not a problem currently, since it will
be a while until next version).

TIA

--
Ricardo Palomares (RickieES)

Re: New version of Spanish Dictionaries for OpenOffice.org

Posted by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org>.
I recently learned that santiago bosio (prime maintainer of RLA-ES). Has
suffered a major tragedy with his family and is unable to spend time
online.

I could help out taking care of the project in the AOO extension site, I
only need to get the proper permissions. I wonder if you, Andrea, are able
to do this on his behalf.

I am also on the RLA-ES list as contributor so I would maintain in
communication with the rest of the RLA-ES team.

On Sun, Apr 12, 2015 at 10:06 AM, Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>
wrote:

> On 11/04/2015 Ricardo Palomares Martínez wrote:
>
>> IIRC, posting here the link to new versions is enough for you to
>> include them in the Spanish binaries of next scheduled version of
>> OpenOffice.org. Am I right?
>>

> Almost. We need to see them uploaded to the Extensions site since we can't
> depend on external sites. Currently, our source code
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openoffice/trunk/main/
> extensions.lst?view=markup
> uses http://extensions.openoffice.org/node/1657 (release number 4, which
> is your 0.7).
>
>  Last time we asked about it, extensions in OpenOffice.org repository
>> could be managed only by one user, which was managed by Santiago
>> Bosio, original author of RLA-ES project. Unfortunately, Santiago has
>> strong personal issues which forces him to be away from the project,
>> so we can't count on him to be available to upload the new version.
>>

> Extensions can be maintained by a team. I recommend that you ask to be
> added as co-maintainers for that extension, or for a set of extensions. You
> will need to register first. Then the current maintainer can add your
> account as co-maintainer and you will be able to upload new releases. If
> Santiago is unavailable, it is still recommended that he at least sends an
> e-mail to this list with his approval, and we can then look for a way to
> get the actual work done by a site administrator.
>
> Regards,
>   Andrea.

Alexandro Colorado
Apache OpenOffice Contributor

Re: New version of Spanish Dictionaries for OpenOffice.org

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.