Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Piotr Pisz <pi...@piszki.pl> on 2019/02/10 16:03:48 UTC

L2+ConfigDrive

Hello!

I am interested in using Config Drive with the L2 network, unfortunately there is no word in the documentation for this topic.
Has anyone used this and can guide me?
Service offering L2 + ConfigDrive does not work, it is clearly missing (?) of the iso file.
I have an error: Unable to start VM instance.

Regards,
Piotr

RE: L2+ConfigDrive

Posted by Paul Angus <pa...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Jean-Francois,

I suspect some extra work would need to be done in the managed storage plugin to create the iso on primary storage as storage 'locations' are only created on demand.

paul.angus@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Jfn,

Yes, it's true that hosting the config drive on primary storage is currently only supported for the NFS storage pool type. To make it work for Ceph, the logic needs to be implemented on how the iso file is managed on a ceph based primary storage pool.

Regards,

Rohit Yadav

Software Architect, ShapeBlue

https://www.shapeblue.com