Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Dominik Bartholdi <do...@fortysix.ch> on 2014/01/03 08:58:59 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Apache Maven SCM 1.9 (take 2)

Thanks Robert,
I’ll give it a go, but its gona be my first “official maven plugin release”, so please be patient :)
/Domi

Posted by Andreas Gudian <an...@gmail.com>.
For the last surefire releases, I just created a tar.gz from the local
site, uploaded it to people.a.o via SCP and did the commit from there. Was
a matter of minutes instead of hours. It's cumbersome, though...

A pretty large part of the files is the Javadoc. And I don't know about you
guys, but I didn't look at any Javadoc published to a web site in years. My
IDE blends in all the information I need.

Do we have some visitor statistics about the published Javadoc pages?

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.

--
Sent from my phone

Re: [VOTE] Apache Maven SCM 1.9 (take 2)

Posted by Dominik Bartholdi <do...@fortysix.ch>.
Thanks Oliver!

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
IMHO the latest strategy is good for main site content: ie we can now publish
a modification in plugins list, for example, in a few minutes, with a site
being build in a consistent manner (no more anybody frightened to break the
site because something in his conf is different)

but for component reference documentation, yes, the actual solution is really
unfriendly: large multi-modules take hours to publish from local machine, and
network performance to svn is a key factor
If anybody has an idea on how to improve this second scenario...

Regards,

Hervé

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
done: http://maven.apache.org/scm-archives/scm-LATEST/

On 7 January 2014 15:52, Dominik Bartholdi <do...@fortysix.ch> wrote:
> Hi Oliver,
>
> I tried over and over again - it just does not work out on my Mac - I’m not able to publish the Documentation.
> Would be great if you could do it - everything else (the artifacts) are already done (https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-009/).
>
> thanks Domi
>
> On 07.01.2014, at 01:52, Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> I don't know if you stop trying this but if needed I can do it for
>> you, I use an external ci server to not block my laptop and be able to
>> continue various music, videos etc...
>> Just let me know.
>>
>> On 7 January 2014 08:23, Dominik Bartholdi <do...@fortysix.ch> wrote:
>>> My next problem…
>>> does any one have any idea?
>>> Publishing the page always hangs here (more then 30 Minutes, actually never ends...):
>>>
>>> mvn scm-publish:publish-scm -Dusername=imod -Dpassword=xxxxx
>>> ….
>>> [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> [INFO] Building Maven SCM 1.9
>>> [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> [INFO]
>>> [INFO] --- maven-scm-publish-plugin:1.0-beta-2:publish-scm (default-cli) @ maven-scm ---
>>> [WARNING] No output encoding, defaulting to UTF-8.
>>> [INFO] Updating the pub tree from  scm:svn:https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/websites/production/maven/content/scm-archives/scm-LATEST ...
>>> [INFO] Executing: /bin/sh -c cd /Users/domi/maven-sites/scm-archives/scm-LATEST && svn --username imod --password '*****' --no-auth-cache --non-interactive update /Users/domi/maven-sites/scm-archives/scm-LATEST
>>> [INFO] Working directory: /Users/domi/maven-sites/scm-archives/scm-LATEST
>>> [INFO] changeSets [ null
>>> null
>>> Updating '.':, 0
>>> null ]
>>> [INFO] Updating content...
>>> [INFO] Publish files: 0 addition(s), 1815 update(s), 0 delete(s)
>>> [INFO] Checking in SCM...
>>> [INFO] Checking in to the scm
>>> [INFO] Executing: /bin/sh -c cd /Users/domi/maven-sites/scm-archives/scm-LATEST && svn --username imod --password '*****' --no-auth-cache --non-interactive commit --file /var/folders/rz/649mxsf10xvc64sc078ll0nh0000gn/T/maven-scm-1622187473.commit
>>> [INFO] Working directory: /Users/domi/maven-sites/scm-archives/scm-LATEST
>>> ….HANGS HERE….

>> --
>> Olivier Lamy
>> Ecetera: http://ecetera.com.au

Olivier Lamy
Ecetera: http://ecetera.com.au

Re: [VOTE] Apache Maven SCM 1.9 (take 2)

Posted by Kristian Rosenvold <kr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dominik Bartholdi <do...@fortysix.ch>.
Hi Oliver,

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.
Just be patient, it is a huge commit.
All changes to the documentation of the whole(!) SCM site are committed at
once.

Robert

Posted by Dominik Bartholdi <do...@fortysix.ch>.
My next problem…