Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "mike st. john" <ms...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/05 20:50:27 UTC

Odd behavior after adding an additional core.

using solr 4.4  , i used collection admin to create a collection  4shards
replication - factor of 1

i did this so i could index my data, then bring in replicas later by adding
cores via coreadmin

i added a new core via coreadmin,  what i noticed shortly after adding the
core,  the leader of the shard where the new replica was placed was marked
active the new core marked as the leader  and the routing was now set to
implicit.

i've replicated this on another solr setup as well.

Any ideas?

Thanks

msj

Re: Odd behavior after adding an additional core.

Posted by "mike st. john" <ms...@gmail.com>.
hi,

curl '
http://192.168.0.1:8983/solr/admin/collections?action=CREATE&name=collectionx&numShards=4&replicationFactor=1&collection.configName=config1
'

after that,  i added approx 100k documents,  verified there were in the
index and distributed across the shards.

i then decided to start adding some replicas via coreadmin.

curl '
http://192.168.0.1:8983/solr/admin/cores?action=CREATE&name=collectionx_ex_replica1&collection=collectionx&collection.configName=config1
'

adding the core, produced the following,   it took away leader status from
the leader on the shard it was replicating, inserted itself as down.
 changed the doc routing to implicit.

Thanks.

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
Can you give exact steps to reproduce this problem?

Also, are you sure you supplied numShards=4 while creating the collection?

On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 12:20 AM, mike st. john <ms...@gmail.com> wrote:
> using solr 4.4  , i used collection admin to create a collection  4shards
> replication - factor of 1
>
> i did this so i could index my data, then bring in replicas later by adding
> cores via coreadmin
>

> i added a new core via coreadmin,  what i noticed shortly after adding the
> core,  the leader of the shard where the new replica was placed was marked
> active the new core marked as the leader  and the routing was now set to
> implicit.
>

> i've replicated this on another solr setup as well.
>

> Any ideas?
>

> Thanks
>
> msj

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.